IGNORED

Car Warriors

TriDawgn

Anyone here seen the show Car Warriors on SPEED channel? I saw a preview of next weeks episode, the two teams will be rebuilding '73 240z's. From what I saw, I will be crying as this episode airs as two cars are ruined forever, but we'll see. Will air wednesday at 9pm eastern. :ogre:

Not happy to see them ruin two cars like that. From what I have seen of the show is just a bickering session. I like shows were they just build cars, that is it...not fighting, no life stories...just cars. There is an old British show on HD Theater called Wheeler Dealers, they find classic cars (in England), fix it up and resell it. It is an old show but they way it should be done. I would love to see an new American version of it.

There is an old British show on HD Theater called Wheeler Dealers, they find classic cars (in England), fix it up and resell it. It is an old show but they way it should be done. I would love to see an new American version of it.

There is a new show on the Discovery channel called Desert Car Kings with the same sort of premise, but it looks like the only plan to do American cars/trucks http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/desert-car-kings/. It is the work of Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix http://www.dvap.com/. They sell the cars locally when they are done, so it seems they barely break even or lose money most of the time.

-Mike

I've seen the Desert Car Kings show. From what I've seen, they do pretty sketchy work. On their Ford F100 build, they found some nasty looking engine sitting out in the yard and used it in the build. After they were done, they never showed their work under the hood. The under carriage was also still greasy and nasty looking. Definitely not Overhaulin type work.

I'm not saying the Desert Car Kings is concourse work, but then again neither is the work done on Wheeler Dealers (which is what I was comparing it to). Both seem to do about the same quality of quick "refreshes" to put a car back on the road as a driver, not as a show car.

-Mike

I dont think any of those shows do what we would do to our cars because its a tv show and they're trying to make money from it. Im losing money with m z...but Im good with that. What I saw from car warriors preview....we will all be sick.

Brian

I saw it on the TV guide and turned to the channel, And all I saw was two newer Monte Carlos! I thought it was odd that they were installing a V8 engine, the boxy fenders, and that the doors had a perfectly straight sill with a square rear quarter window, until I saw what they were actually working on.