IGNORED

25 degrees this morning. Yup, perfect day for a drive

Zedyone_kenobi

Well I decided to say to hell with cold weather, and I took the Z out today to play. It was 25 degrees this morning, but after warming up, she did great and seemed to really love the cold weather. The tires however proved to be a bit slippy. :)

Every once in a while I have to drive her when I normally would not to let her know she is no garage queen! Plus I like to give the heater a workout.

Get out and drive. Enjoy the Z! Today may be the last day you have, and what better way to spend it than on a fun drive!

ZEDYONE :beer:to you. I have family there (in Houston) and have visited many times myself. I know the feeling of clicking up some miles on a cold day ESPECIALLY if the heater works well. I drove the Z to the left from Florida to Houston without a heater. It wasn't bad until it got dark then i just put on another later of clothing. I'll bet it's a nice day in Galveston 2Day!

Sure wish I could join you guys, but it was -15 °F this morning and is just now climbing into the positive! There is still snow on the ground, but not on the roads. That is until I looked out the window and saw that it decided to start snowing again! Oh well, it goes back into the shop soon for the fender flares and then to finish the painting, so it will be only going on a short trailer ride when it gets out into the cold. At least some dust should be blown off, I just won't get to enjoy it behind the wheel.

-Eric

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Cold air is mother nature's supercharger. The unfortunate cars in the warmer climates don't get to experience it often. When it gets down in the 0 degree range the cars feel like angry bulls. Even the exhaust note changes to a more mellow, even growl. Add a turbo and intercooler in those conditions, with frozen tires, and you have a handful of loose rear end in 4th gear!

That said, I had some separation issues this afternoon. I grabbed an ice pick and shovel. I Carefully shuffled out to my outbuilding, on the thin crust of ice on top of 20" of snow. I fell through a few times. I spent 30 minutes hacking away ice and snow, just so I could pry the door open enough to see my 240Z for the first time in 6 weeks.

Edited by cygnusx1

Damn Salt!! I've got some of the best twisty's in the nation. Our roads have so much crap on them - salt residue - grit (all that stuff to give you traction in the snow)- it is so built up it is hard to tell what lane you are in - and now we are due for some warm weather but no rain to wash all this off.

I do agree with the cold air - these engines do like it!!

I'm with you Mitch. I'm not opposed to driving in the cold, but NJ coats the roads with so much salt and sand it takes a good month of rain to wash it all away. If it doesn't snow again this year (I haven't seen grass since Christmas), my car wont see public roads until March.