IGNORED

Heater core Cables

blitz_86

Well the rain has come and its starting to get cold,I turn on my heater and funny thing is nothing is hooked up to the switches.Now my question is where can i find the cables where i can turn on the heater thanks

Ok, I am missing something....Is your Z missing the cables altogether? or are they just disconnected?

Are there any loose cables near the selector levers on the front of the Heater Box or on the sides of the Heater Box?? If so, you can look at the FSM and reattach them. If the cables are gone, then I am sure that you can find some on this site. Make sure to list your year model.

Good luck.

I just sold a complete setup on ebay for $10 bucks. The cable connections are pretty self explanatory. Feed them out the back of the console and attach them top right to top right connection, bottom right to bottom right connection, top left to top left connection and bottom left to bottom left connection. they are all different lengths so it is pretty easy to figure out. Get on your back on the floor boards with a flash light and a phillips for the easiest approach.

You will FIRST have to disconnect all the cables. This is beneficial since it will teach you where they are and what condition they are in. then it is a matter of taking out the light above the slider controls, and then the two screws that hold in the panel. You will have to disconnect the knob on the fan switch as well. But it is pretty straight forward.

And yes, I had already removed my 4th cable now shown in the picture, but good eye!

You will FIRST have to disconnect all the cables. This is beneficial since it will teach you where they are and what condition they are in. then it is a matter of taking out the light above the slider controls, and then the two screws that hold in the panel. You will have to disconnect the knob on the fan switch as well. But it is pretty straight forward.

And yes, I had already removed my 4th cable now shown in the picture, but good eye!

How do I remove the cables? Should I disconnect it from the HVAC or from the other end? I'm afraid of cracking or breaking these filmsy plastic pieces. Yesterday I made a slight tear in my lower steering column cover cause I didnt see there was one more screw buried deep inside the cover. :ermm: