IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

So, one of my Z goals this year was to enter my Z or Z's in car shows that are not specifically Z, or Datsun shows. So I entered my '70 and '71 (pre-'72 cars only allowed) in the 24th annual Vista Burger Run. There were over 500 cars there. I had the only 2 Z's in the show. There were also about 10 other English and German cars at the show, otherwise it was all US cars.

Got a nice response from a number of the visitors and collectors. The comment I kept hearing over and over from people was that "the Z was the best car they ever had and they never should have sold it.":ermm:

Love the AMX's and Pantera's. Doing my best to try and increase the exposure of the Z.:bunny:

Hey that show had more Z than the ones I go to.

Hey that show had more Z than the ones I go to.

Only because my wife drove the yellow one and did her crochet while I toured the show. We had the only two Japanese cars there. No awards for foreign cars, but that's OK. I like the conversation best.

The guy who won best Camaro (and believe me, there were a lot of Camaro's there) loved the '70 Z. We ended up talking over an hour. His car was a near flawless restoration. He gave me a lot of cool tips on prepping the Z for shows.

Best story was a guy who made it from New Jersey to LA in 38 hours in his Z (Going back to school at USC). Said him and his friend made one stop for food in New Mexico. Only other person at the restaurant was the police chief who was with two women at the bar. Police chief loved the car and told the two college kids where his two officers were posted. He said they could go as fast as they wanted but slow down at the area where the two cops were. Sure enough, the cops were right where he said they were. They slowed at the right time, just as the chief told them. Very funny. LOL

Only because my wife drove the yellow one and did her crochet while I toured the show. We had the only two Japanese cars there. No awards for foreign cars, but that's OK. I like the conversation best.

The guy who won best Camaro (and believe me, there were a lot of Camaro's there) loved the '70 Z. We ended up talking over an hour. His car was a near flawless restoration. He gave me a lot of cool tips on prepping the Z for shows.

Best story was a guy who made it from New Jersey to LA in 38 hours in his Z (Going back to school at USC). Said him and his friend made one stop for food in New Mexico. Only other person at the restaurant was the police chief who was with two women at the bar. Police chief loved the car and told the two college kids where his two officers were posted. He said they could go as fast as they wanted but slow down at the area where the two cops were. Sure enough, the cops were right where he said they were. They slowed at the right time, just as the chief told them. Very funny. LOL

It was funny their had been several shows in the past they would not let me enter since it was Japanese well one I won best of show and asked how that happen well they told me they saw how much the crowd loved your car and you got more attention than the rest of the cars so we decided to call it an entry. IT think people love these cars and they just don't seem to make many car shows, I never got a bad review at any show, and people seem to just love these cars.

I actually touched my 260Z project car today, but only to keep me from tripping over the broom that was near it. Just no time to fiddle lately. But I WILL make time. Lots to do before Canby. I really want to make it to Canby with the 260Z this year but unless things pick up around here, it ain't gonna happen, again.... :disappoin :cry:

Dave

• 2 weeks later...