IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Raced a white 240Z today on the way to work. Saw him in my In my rear view window so I slowed to let him catch up. Guess he saw me too, so he sped up, then slowed a bit. That’s when I heard the turbo blow off valve whoosh, and I knew I was in trouble. We both gunned it and sped up a hill moving pretty quick, he was quicker but I was still fairly close when we backed off at about 80mph, approaching traffic. We rolled down the windows and he said he was running a “Skyline Motor”, so I guess that is an RB20DET. I’ve got a 260 motor with high compression pistons (10.5:1) 6 into 1 headers and stock carbs with SM needles and ZX dizzy. It’s peppy, but not enough to beat the RB. Made my day though! Honestly, in the over 2 years that I’ve had the yellow Z, that’s the first time I ever really pushed it against another car. Nice that is was a another Z. I really need to get LS motor installed someday:ermm:.

Raced a white 240Z today on the way to work. Saw him in my In my rear view window so I slowed to let him catch up. Guess he saw me too, so he sped up, then slowed a bit. That’s when I heard the turbo blow off valve whoosh, and I knew I was in trouble. We both gunned it and sped up a hill moving pretty quick, he was quicker but I was still fairly close when we backed off at about 80mph, approaching traffic. We rolled down the windows and he said he was running a “Skyline Motor”, so I guess that is an RB20DET. I’ve got a 260 motor with high compression pistons (10.5:1) 6 into 1 headers and stock carbs with SM needles and ZX dizzy. It’s peppy, but not enough to beat the RB. Made my day though! Honestly, in the over 2 years that I’ve had the yellow Z, that’s the first time I ever really pushed it against another car. Nice that is was a another Z. I really need to get LS motor installed someday:ermm:.

I think that one was recently on Ebay. Sure it wasn't a 260Z? There was a white 260Z on Ebay recently with a RD20DET coversion from that area. I was interested in the car and was bidding on it but then he pulled it off before the auction was over. Must have sold it locally. Very nice car and a very well-done project, using all quality parts. I bet it flies!

I think that one was recently on Ebay. Sure it wasn't a 260Z? There was a white 260Z on Ebay recently with a RD20DET coversion from that area. I was interested in the car and was bidding on it but then he pulled it off before the auction was over. Must have sold it locally. Very nice car and a very well-done project, using all quality parts. I bet it flies!

It may have been. I was a bit more focused on the exhaust sound and wheel set-up that I missed the badges. The tires were pretty wide and I think beyond the fender well. I am surprised that I had not seen it before because I typically am in that area at the same time every working day, just as I get off the freeway. Will have to keep my eyes peeled. He must work within a half mile of me as he turned left into one business park at the same place I turned right.

I sold it. Will deliver to Road America Speedway in Elkhart WI on the 17th. The new owner races for Mazda and will be there for the SCCA National Championship Runoffs. More info here: http://www.roadamerica.com/Races/RaceInformation.asp?id=247

I am feeling pretty good about the person I sold to. I think he will take care of the car the way I would.

John

It may have been. I was a bit more focused on the exhaust sound and wheel set-up that I missed the badges. The tires were pretty wide and I think beyond the fender well. I am surprised that I had not seen it before because I typically am in that area at the same time every working day, just as I get off the freeway. Will have to keep my eyes peeled. He must work within a half mile of me as he turned left into one business park at the same place I turned right.

I don't think the previous owner ever drove it per his Ebay ad description. Hopefully, you'll see it more now that it has a new owner.