IGNORED

Jdm exhaust muffler

surfer.tech

• 7 months later...

I finally did order the Fujitsubo exhaust a few months back and it was a painless process ordering it from rhdjapan. Only took 3 weeks to get it. I was very impressed by the quality and it looks amazing...I will let the pics speak for themselves.

post-18992-14150816349573_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816350124_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816350674_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816351235_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816351793_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816352359_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816352898_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816353443_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816353899_thumb.jpg

post-18992-14150816354445_thumb.jpg

surfer.tech, I bet the Kameari header looks like a piece of art.

To tell the truth, the Kameari peice is very nice BUT it is not as nice the Fujitsubo unit. I got the Mild Steel header which does not look as nice as the stainless steel version, cost 3/4 of the price. The welds are real nice! If I were to do it again I would buy the stainless version, to match the Fujitsubo unit. Install is on Monday, pics will follow.

To tell the truth, the Kameari peice is very nice BUT it is not as nice the Fujitsubo unit. I got the Mild Steel header which does not look as nice as the stainless steel version, cost 3/4 of the price. The welds are real nice! If I were to do it again I would buy the stainless version, to match the Fujitsubo unit. Install is on Monday, pics will follow.

Did you go with the Kameari header over the Fujitsubo unit due to performance or LHD compatibility? I saw your post from earlier where you said someone confirmed that the Fujitsubo header does fit LHD S30's. Just want to make sure the Fujitsubo unit will still fit because I planned on getting it eventually.

Did you go with the Kameari header over the Fujitsubo unit due to performance or LHD compatibility? I saw your post from earlier where you said someone confirmed that the Fujitsubo header does fit LHD S30's. Just want to make sure the Fujitsubo unit will still fit because I planned on getting it eventually.

Yes I did go with Kameari because 1. LHD 2. Maximum power gains 3. JDM mentality, (was going to order the Nissan motorsports header but they never replied back)

As the fujitusubo header, I will clear this up now. As far as I know It will NOT fit our LHD cars. A member on here told me It would but only showed on pic and no details. The picture was of a stainless steel header on a LHD car clearing the steering rack. I email that same picture to glenn and Fujitsubo to double check. Glenn who has the full Fujitsubo unit on his car RHD fairlady says they are different. Fujitsubo emailed back saying that their headers have stamps etched on the flange which the header in the picture did not.

Glenn also states that the Fujitsubo Super-ex header will most likely hit the steering column with 6th pipe. I also had a local Z guru confirm the same. I contacted Fujitsubo Japan and they stated that their header will not fit LHD cars, but the TRUST header might. Fujitsubo also did mention that their are so many generic headers in Japan for the S30 and some of them might fit LHD cars.

So that brings me to TRUST/GReddy USA. They have 2 S30s. TRUST makes headers for the L-series engines. Two for the L24. They are both different. One is for our L24 S30 and the other is for the L24 skyline. TR is the model, discontinued. Greddy could not confirm fitment so I left it at that. A member GEEZER on here has a TRUST header that clears his LHD rack. I could not find anymore information on it.

My last option was out of Japan. It would be built to order and would clear for LHD fitment. Spirit garage Japan. Beautiful, and can be mated to the twin tipped of the Fujtisubo or you can order the spirit garage matching twin tipped.

In the end I went with Kameari (but it's really expensive. Price wise their mild steel header costs more than the Fujitsubo stainless) They had a US distributor, they can garunteed fitment, and they spoke English which made things a lot easier. Service was quick and easy. I received the header within 10 days which included shipping from Japan!!!

Sorry for the long reply. That's pretty much all the info I gathered on this JDM header fitment search.

I appreciate the valuable info you posted and for researching into the Fujitsubo header. It would have sucked to find out it wouldn't have fit. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Now if only somebody would post a drive-by video.

UPDATE: Well, as with these old cars, nothing ever goes as planned. Me and Zkars (Jim K) spent a good 5 hours today on the install. My biggest concern was the Kameari Drag header fitment. It went in painlessly. Clears the steering rack and makes a beautiful sound. BUT it does not work with SU carbs, like the US distributor said it would. Jim rigged up the SU's to work temporary, to get me home. We did test fit triple Mikuni's and the fit on like a charm but that's for another time.

Next came up the Fujitsubo Legalis-R muffler. The mid-pipe bolted up to the header with little fuss. The Mid-pipe is a VERY tight fit in the transmission tunnel. And now comes the problem. With the mid-pipe being so tight, the rear tail pipe won't bolt up to the flange. The main problem is the twin pipes hit the rear diff plate. I do not know the problem as of yet. We think it could be a result of a few things : 1. My engine mounts are pretty beat, so it could affect the angle of the engine and the way it lines up the muffler.

2. The transmission tunnel can be "massaged" to widen it and make some room. 3. Remove/modify the rear diff plate. Most likely I will try option 1 and 3.

As of right now, I am driving with the header and the mid-pipe installed. It's LOUD but only temporary until next week until I have some spare time. Power wise, My butt dyno says I have lost some low end till 2500. From there it starts to fly, its like a completely different car. The sound at 4000-6500 is Amazing. Simply Amazing.

I have pictures of the install, but I don't know how to upload on here. More like I am lazy, if anyone needs pictures send me a PM and I will email them.