Slave Cylinder Boot? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Slave Cylinder Boot?

Featured Replies

I just got my 5 speed into my '73 yesterday-looking forward to the new ratios. Anyway, the boot that protects the slave cylinder is shot. Does anyone have a lead on where to buy these? MSA sells them-complete with the entire slave cylinder. I'd rather not spend $40.00 for a piece of rubber.

Thanks.

There should be. Im not sure where to look but im certain there is. IMHO that is a cheap price for slave cylinder, if i were you, i would renew it as a whole.

MSA sells the 73-83 version for $22.95. 70-72 is $39.95. Or NAPA sells a 1973 version for $12.95. You could just use the boot and keep the cylinder for emergency, or paperweight.

Don't be cheap Todd, spending 40 bucks on a piece of rubber is nothoing compared to 18y of child support;).

Chris

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks for the replies guys. I just found out that cutting 1.5" of my stick [shift] is going to run another $40.00.

From everything I've read, when you replace the slave cylinder,(even at $23.00) you are supposed to replace the master ($42.00) and the hose ($27.00) as well. So now my piece of rubber will run me $92.00+ shipping.

As a first pass I've tried siliconing the 2 broken pieces together. If I have to replace everything and bleed it out later, it's easy enough to get to.

Hoping to avoid the child support-although the Z hobby is not helping much.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.