IGNORED

Bought wheels, need lugs. Thinking of converting.

form>function

So I bought a set of 14's Slot Mags. Pic below:

IMG00108201010171354-vi.jpg

So looking at these wheels, I'll need some flat/mag style lug nuts. Refer to the image below (see the one on the very right).

kingfish51-albums-truck-pics-picture266-lug-nut-types.jpg

So with this in mind, two questions:

1. Where can I find lug nuts that will accomodate these wheels?

2. Will it be possible to have a machine shop or someone machine the holes to accomodate them for the tapered style lug nut (see image above, illustration on the very left)?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Yup, I got my mag lugs from Kragen (O'Reilly). Just make sure they're the correct thread and length. You want them just a little shorter than the width of the mounting surface so that the lug doesn't bottom out before clamping down the wheel. I brought one wheel with me to see how they fit before purchase.

You want the style on the right with a shaft that fits inside the lug hole. Other wise you will wreck the rim. Make sure you get one with a washer, to minamize wheel damage when removing the lugs. You can see the washer marks on the wheel.

Summit racing could help you out, they may even have your hub cap for the rims. You would be supprised how much stuff the have

Take the wheel with you to the store, most likely they will not have all 16 you need there, usually just 4, but they will be able to get them same day or next day from the warehouse. I would buy local so if there is a problem you do not pay for them again in shipping, HTH, Richard.