IGNORED

23k mile 1972 in Seattle area

Mike B

So the "reserve" must have been at $17,400.00 {yes/no?}

I did not get the impression that the seller had any intention of taking the reserve off before it was meet.

The seller lowered the reserve last night to $17,306.

From the ebay ad:

eBay Note: The seller lowered the reserve price to US $17,306.00

I guess only the seller would know what his reserve was before he lowered it and if he had any intentions of changing it or not.

-Mike

post-9102-14150812203179_thumb.jpg

Maybe the same guy that bought the yellow 71 also bought this one for their low mileage 240Z collection. They could just send one car hauler to pick them both up.

-Mike

Maybe Carl will chime in about that. I think he knew the person that bought the yellow one.

I will say that I believe I know who bought it - but haven't heard from him since the auction ended. It may have gone to someone else...I'll have to wait and see..

In todays market I think $18K was a reasonable price for both the buyer and seller. Three years ago I'm sure it would have brought far more - three years from now it will too. It will certainly return far more fun than 2% interest on savings.

FWIW,

Carl B.