IGNORED

'69 240z, #299

spitz17

I read through it but didn't see anything about four trees falling on it. That would change the situation.

From the post I linked to in #7 above - "four small trees has fallen on the car since, busting out the glass and messing up the roof"

For only $300.00, if one of our members in the NE has some space to store the car, they should seriously consider buying it and get it out of the elements. Even in its poor condition, this car could still be restored. As Zed Head mentioned, most of the car still looks to be intact.

Steve, I like low VIN cars as much as anyone, but I came to realize when I tried to sell HLS30-00331 that not every low VIN car needs to be saved or can be for a reasonable price. I did my best to sell it. I reached out to several low VIN owners to see what they thought about the car and no one thought it was worth saving. I posted a thread about it and put classified ads here and on zcar.com for a month with ZERO replies to either the thread http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31769 or the ad. I also posted it on craigslist for a month, I got a couple of emails from the craigslist ads, but no one serious, so finally I just parted it out and scrapped it. I needed some of the early parts from it for my #237 car, so it wasn't a total loss in my opinion. It is easy to say "someone should save that car" and totally different to actually do it. Also, remember that those pictures posted in the ad are at least 2 1/2 years old and before the four trees fell on it.

-Mike

Edited by Mike B

It is easy to say "someone should save that car" and totally different to actually do it.

Couldn't agree more. You gotta have a special reason to take a car completely apart, restore everything, and put it all back together. Something that motivates you other than financial gain.

I have spoken to this guy a few times over the last year or so. When I was interested in the car it was a parts car and now it should be treated as sush since it has even more damage. Unless you have a 69 car in need of small unique parts there isn't a reason to buy this car. Saving it.....like Chris said should be done if this was your first car YOU owned or something like that. All those years out doors I can't imagine the shape of the car now. If it was closer I would have grabbed it for any of you guys who needed parts.