IGNORED

Overheat again!

Reverend

Houston isn't warm.Tucson is warm(er).Three core brass,50/50 mixed(distilled) and no issues.If if it(WW) gives you POM,then great.But my point is,that if water wetter effects engine temp,there is a problem lurking in the cooling system(or engine) and the WW is a band-aid of sorts.

Houston isn't warm.Tucson is warm(er).Three core brass,50/50 mixed(distilled) and no issues.If if it(WW) gives you POM,then great.But my point is,that if water wetter effects engine temp,there is a problem lurking in the cooling system(or engine) and the WW is a band-aid of sorts.

Water Wetter helps a 50/50 mix cool better than just straight 50/50. It allows for better heat transfer and thus better cooling. It is not a band aid but another resource to use in extreme climates.

Water cools significantly better than 50/50, but has a much lower boiling point. Couple that with the spot boiling issues are heads are subject to by cylinders 5 and 6, you are risking overheating if the engine gets over 185 to 190 (cylinders 5 and 6 run about 20 degrees hotter).

Water Wetter raises the boiling point of water just enough and also improves the heat transference of water.

Thank you, And THAT's why I use it religiously. I think my Thermostat is a 175, which allows it to open sooner than a 185, thus letting that hotter coolant out and away from #5 and 6.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with using WW, so arguing against it is pointless. Yes, a properly working system will not need it but at the same time, it won't hurt and it's there in case it gets hot outside without preparation for such weather.

Dave

Water Wetter helps a 50/50 mix cool better than just straight 50/50. It allows for better heat transfer and thus better cooling. It is not a band aid but another resource to use in extreme climates.

Water cools significantly better than 50/50, but has a much lower boiling point. Couple that with the spot boiling issues are heads are subject to by cylinders 5 and 6, you are risking overheating if the engine gets over 185 to 190 (cylinders 5 and 6 run about 20 degrees hotter).

Water Wetter raises the boiling point of water just enough and also improves the heat transference of water.

Exactly what part of Water Wetter is a band-aid that can mask REAL cooling problems and that proper cooling system maintenance will prevent ANY issues(thus making WW point-less) did you not understand?

I live in Tucson.And for the past 60 days it has been in triple digits.The car is an automatic with A/C and runs at 190 all day long and 200-205 at 80MPH.Why haven't I over-heated the engine since i do not use WW.

Edited by Z train

I added Redline Water Wetter to my cooling system last summer when I was experimenting with the coolant temperature. My notes indicate that after adding the WW, the indicated temperature on the gage actually increased slightly.

When checked with a thermometer however the coolant temperature was exactly 180 degrees F. I just have a mental picture of the "normal" temperature display on the gage and only worry if it rises past about 3/4 on the dial. (Which it never has, even in Nashville this summer when it was nearly 100 degrees F.)

Exactly what part of "(cylinders 5 and 6 run about 20 degrees hotter)" didn't you get?

Not trying to Flame the thread but seriously, why are we arguing about this? You do it your way, we'll do it ours. It's that simple. Just leave it. Cause obviously Nothing you say is going to change his or our mind about a great product that goes the extra mile.

If you saw the pictures of my new Radiator, fans and other goodies, it plain to see that my system works awesome. Sure, I may not need all that Flashy aluminum but "It's My thing" so Potato / Potauto. So if you don't like WW, Great!! If you do, Great!!

I'm actually at a loss as to why I'm Defending a great product. Band aid or not. And the Needle on my Temp Gauge sits half way between the far left line and the center line, it's very cool when driving, even in 100 degree weather!!

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Exactly what part of "(cylinders 5 and 6 run about 20 degrees hotter)" didn't you get?

Not trying to Flame the thread but seriously, why are we arguing about this? You do it your way, we'll do it ours. It's that simple. Just leave it. Cause obviously Nothing you say is going to change his or our mind about a great product that goes the extra mile.

If you saw the pictures of my new Radiator, fans and other goodies, it plain to see that my system works awesome. Sure, I may not need all that Flashy aluminum but "It's My thing" so Potato / Potauto. So if you don't like WW, Great!! If you do, Great!!

I'm actually at a loss as to why I'm Defending a great product. Band aid or not. And the Needle on my Temp Gauge sits half way between the far left line and the center line, it's very cool when driving, even in 100 degree weather!!

Dave

No i won't leave it alone.You are advocating a "magic potion in a bottle" over a properly maintained cooling system.And assuming your temp guage is accurate-you are running TOO COLDand are losing HP,efficiency & mpg's.

And i didn't say i didn't like WW-i said it's not needed for your average car.Track cars are another story and then WW has it's advantages.On the street all things being equal,it has none.

Enjoy: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/redline-waterwetter%C2%AE-review/

Edited by Z train