IGNORED

Hood Vents

Pomorza

• 9 months later...

Fuel injected cars can vapor lock. Usually when parked though. It could be a sign of pressure loss problems though.

I bought a set of used inspection lids for cheap, and did a sawzall and mosquito net mod. I work on a teeny budget. ;)

964439885_QXynB-XL.jpg

963157041_BKRpP-XL.jpg

I did not want to cut into my hood but it would have been more effective. These inspection lid vents definitely work though.

Edited by cygnusx1

Fuel turns to vapor, usually in the injectors, especially in a turbo car when parked. The car will then run lean when started up in this state because the fuel vapor, inhibits the flow of fuel through the pintle. Modern side-feed injectors are designed to better handle this, as the fuel flow in the "rail" surrounds the injector body to help pull away heat. In our old Z's the injectors are "dead headed" so that the only way to cool them enough condense the fuel, is to drive it while it flushes. The 280ZX's have the snorkel that sucks air from the road, and blows it at the injector bodies.

Side feed injectors are immersed in the fuel rail flow, to aid in cooling them.

auto-part-fuel-injector-nozzle-iwm50001.jpg

Z injectors are not externally fuel cooled. Their bodies are stuck, to suffer in the heat of the engine bay.

Fuel-Injector-Repair-Kits-Bosch-Universal-Type-Bosch-CF-001-.jpg

Edited by cygnusx1