IGNORED

zzzap decals

cbudvet

It was me, and as we had a discussion in the past, I produced very little number of these decal kit. As I was doing research one ZZZAP cars, I recently started to think these were never "1,000" units of these cars.............more like 100....... My friend bought one car, and I currently have one with 80K original miles and original paint.

Edited by esprist

I know this may sound stupid, but do you think people will start trying to pass other cars off as zzap cars trying to get more money? Maybe I am not as trusting of people as I should be. :)

carl

I know this may sound stupid, but do you think people will start trying to pass other cars off as zzap cars trying to get more money? Maybe I am not as trusting of people as I should be. :)

carl

That's how we have 106 known GTO Judge, when only 86 were built

The scary thing is unless those cars had hard coding somehow papers can be forged/ created on a average pc. What did the zap cars come with just a option code on build sheet?

Someone recently got indicted for trying to sell a lemans as a gto on the egay. Feds jumped all over it. Will try to dig that up. There cracking down on fraud cars/purses/watches etc...

Edited by yetterben

But unless they have codes RPO 554 and UPC WT1 on the build sheet it's not a true Judge, just a clone.

The problem is they all do so people don't know which ones of the 106 are counterfeits. Rare special editions always will be intimated, and it is a buyer beware market. I know a guy who thought he bought a SS until we looked at the diff, and we went back to the seller and got $5,000 back.

I had a ZZZap from 83 - 87 and wish I had not sold it. Didn't really like the decals but they grow on you. One of the 77 Nissan ads shows a non-striped yellow Z and called it a ZZZap...so would that make any yellow 77 a ZZZap? I believe it came with dual mirrors that were unique to that car as well as the louvers...but the mirrors might be hard to get if someone wanted to clone one. Plus the work involved with a color change to yellow. I wonder when we'll see a set of these decals on a non-yellow car?