IGNORED

Gunk or something in gas tank!

Decoy12

Ditto on the carb cleaner, it does seem to "gum up the carbs" on wasps!

Yeah, getting the tank back in by yourself can be a challenge. I've had good luck using a large floor jack with a block of wood under the tank to lift it up into position. The hardest part is getting the filler hose on to the filler neck of the tank. I little heat with a heat gun helps-easy does it with the heat-you don't want to melt it! If you don't have a heat gun, borrow your wife's hair dryer...

The best insect and arachnid spray I have ever used is either 'carb cleaner'... in a spray can. Its instantanious, always around the shop, no oily residue or strange smell. The flying insects, mostly wasps, will drop like rocks. I think it gums up their carbs. :)

Bonzi Lon

Wow LOL I never thought about using carb cleaner to kill things. You guys are great! LOL How did you figure that out? Or is it common knowledge to everyone but me? :cool:

The hardest part is getting the filler hose on to the filler neck of the tank. I little heat with a heat gun helps-easy does it with the heat-you don't want to melt it! If you don't have a heat gun, borrow your wife's hair dryer...

I actually go the filler hose back through the hole and reattached the tank to it. I was able to maneuver the tank with my arms and legs back into position (man did they leave no extra room down there). The jack is holding up the tank right now in postion but I will have to lower it again to reattach the hoses. I might have to lift the car some more too or put it on 4 jack stands because Its hard to access the front to attach the straps where I have it now. Any tips on the "order of operation"?

Hello everyone... I guess y'all are busy or something. Anyway I finally got the tank inside. I had to replace one of the hoses because my 'friend' ripped it off and didnt tell me about and I couldn't see the end because of the braids. Now that I have it running I have encountered some electrical problems as well as a few mechanical ones. For one the headlights stopped working when I went to fill it with gas. Second the headlights came back on but the side lights and the tail lights didnt. The dashboard also didn't light the second time around. I'm thinking its a fuse problem so I will buy some fuses next door tomorrow after work. Next the timing is a little off and the throttle seems to be sticky. There must be an exhaust leak somewhere because I can smell it and it made me feel a little :sick: LOL. Finally, I will buy another fuel filter and put it as I didn't have time today before the store closed. Thank you to all that guided me and gave me advice on how to handle my gas tank situation! :D:beer: