Positive battery terminal safety tip - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Positive battery terminal safety tip

Featured Replies

The factory positive cable end had (still has, in my case) a rubber insulating cover that you have to peel back to get to the terminal.

Arne-

Could you open your battery panel and snap a picture of that terminal cover for us. I would be interested if they are in the market or at least a look alike. Thanks is advance

Arne-

Could you open your battery panel and snap a picture of that terminal cover for us. I would be interested if they are in the market or at least a look alike. Thanks is advance

Yup.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37257&stc=1&d=1279767215

post-8596-14150811669959_thumb.jpg

Has anybody found a terminal cover like Arnes? If so, let us know where you found it please. This is much better than my piece of rubber from Lowes hardware.

Update:

http://www.remybattery.com/Departments/Cable--Accessories/Terminal-Protectors--Boots/Right-Elbow-Clamp-Terminal-Protectors/1-and-2-Gauge-Cable.aspx

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38680&highlight=battery

Edited by Travel'n Man

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I bought some at Sears, but they aren't really generic. I'll see if I can post a pic tomorrow.

E

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.