IGNORED

Zcon 2010 general questions

madkaw

More updates:

My avatar is the convention logo and you will see that image all the time. But we had Hector Cademartori do a special poster for the event and this graphic goes on the t-shirts. There will be signed, numbered prints of the poster. Guess what number I have?

Nissan keeps their "Heritage Collection" at the Lane Museum which is on our convention list of things to do. Some of those cars will be hauled out for the car show, Saturday. I got the list yesterday. Three of them are historic race cars; coupled with two more privately owned from the West coast, and two privately owned from our convention team will make a fantastic display of Z racinging history. A Patrol will be on display. Nissan also has a car in the Lane that is a pearl yellow 260Z 2+2 which was owned by Mr. K. I had not heard of this car, so I am anxiuos to see it.

post-4148-14150811385654_thumb.jpg

Also a must see that was recently delivered to the museum the '38 Datsun Firetruck.:)

If you don't know much about the museum and you are on Facebook check it out.

32 days to go.........................:cool:

The 260 that Mr and Mrs K drove has a sun roof that is a very nice piece of work. The pearl yellow paint job is pretty special too. Take the time to look this car over.

The BSR/Newman 280ZXTT and Cruise's Z31 SSA car will be on display at the show and on the track as well. Both are out at Mid-Ohio right now...

Those are the two "privately owned from our convention team" cars I was talking about. Ron Carter's car will be there as well as Steve Millen's.

I understand that Mr. K never drove the 260Z. That he "retired" before the car was delivered? Know anything about it?

All registration happens at the Embassy. Hit the Embassy first.

I didn't know I was on the convention team....

As to the pearl yellow 260, Pete Sanders and I were told that it was mostly Mrs. K who drove that Z but that it was built to spec for Mr. K (color and sun roof). We were told this at Nissan's old head-quarter's during the Long Beach convention by Tony D, a Nissan employee and a former Datsun employee.

Is this correct? The ZCCA historian should know.