IGNORED

Car Security

Daishi_GD

I agree with Steve! Your first post on this forum sounds a bit like, "How can I steal all your cars?" Even if you're an honest person, which you probably are, any thief can search this forum for "security" and find out how to steal our cars. Security systems are something I don't even discuss in private with trusted friends -- because they tell trusted friends, who tell friends, and so on, and so on...

That said, I think the best deterrent I've seen is commercially available. It's a device that fogs the interior with smoke and mace, and sets off strobes and sirens when triggered. I'd hate to have the thing false-trigger, though!

Edited by FastWoman

the best advise is to have a locked garage, don't draw a lot of attention, park in areas that are well lighted, but not in the back lot where you stick out. Keep the car clean of stuff, don't give them a reason to think you might have something nice in the car (no iPods, GPS . . . unless you take it with you). Keep the car in sight as best as you can.

Lastly don't worry to much otherwise you will not enjoy the car.