IGNORED

Car Security

Daishi_GD

We all have our different set ups. Now I'm was wondering what everyone uses for security and what does everyone think is reasonable for some of vehicles out there?

For myself I'm more worried about my car being stolen then broken into so I'm looking at a NRG Quick Release for a steering wheel and at this point I feel that's enough.

Edited by Daishi_GD

Sorry but I don't really like your post. Especially for a first post. What are you really attempting to find out? Security is a private and personal thing. Concern yourself with the value and security of your own vehicle/possesions, etc.

2dhcqp2.gif

Edited by sblake01

We all have our different set ups. Now I'm was wondering what everyone uses for security and what does everyone think is reasonable for some of vehicles out there?

Live in it.

I also agree with sblake01.

Edited by GunnerRob
additions

I'm still thinking about this also. A determined, proffessional thief will get your car no matter what you do.

1st: An alarm system, especially with a flashing indicator will deter some thieves.

2nd: Any means or preventing the car from running will stop "casual" theives.

2nd: A means to track you car if stolen by a determined thief.

I remove the wire that goes from the thingie to the other thingie. Car won't start no matter what someone tries to do to it. Maybe they could push it, or tow it, but most thieves are on for the get in, start it and go, and anything that takes more than a few minutes to grab, they won't- the longer they **** around with a car, the more likely they are to get caught.

Broken into and stolen out of? Yeah, I don't keep anything in my cars that I want to keep... You spend your early life living in Los Angeles and certain things always stick with you. You learn those lessons, you keep your stuff and your cars.

BTW I know what the thingies are really called. ;)

Sorry but I don't really like your post. Especially for a first post. What are you really attempting to find out? Security is a private and personal thing. Concern yourself with the value and security of your own vehicle/possesions, etc.

2dhcqp2.gif

C'mon Stephen, don't be so skeptical......Grow a pair a NOIDS! :beer:

It isn't a matter of growing a pair of "noids", unless you're referring to "hemorhoids"...

It's a simple lesson you get taught in the military... the first step to maintaining security is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT IT!

You don't mention what it DOES, nor what it DOES NOT. You don't talk about what you would like it to do, nor what you wish it would NOT.

It's simple really, this site is a well known resource for information on the Z's, let's not devolve into being morons who also let people know how to steal them as well nor how to defeat any security measures we may have taken.

I concur with Stephen, this is a very suspicious first post.

Nuff said;

E

Sorry to hear what you guys think off the bat so I'll try to explain myself.

I just bought a 280Z from WA state. Its was in amazing condition and 98% stock and for the right price. Picking it up this Thursday because I'm getting it imported. Bought it to be a daily driver to go from my garage to a underground parking lot.

I'm asking about Security first because the part of Vancouver I work isn't really the most safe. Also Z's are rare in Vancouver - I've only ever seen 2 in my life.

So naturally I fear for my car.

I guess I should have just asked "Is this security measure reasonable for my car even though its completely stock?"

post-21809-14150811214953_thumb.jpg