IGNORED

Deck lid emblem Question

Zedyone_kenobi

I do like the BRE replica wing I have on my Z. Really fits the car. It was installed by the dealer according to my paperwork. One question though. I miss not having the 240Z/Datsun emblems on back of the trunk lid. When the factory added the deck lid spoiler, did they remove the emblems? Is there a correct way this config should be? With / Without emblems?

I have the same on my 72.

The Datsun insignia is there but not the 240z.

I also am curious what the correct conf. would be.

I hope to have my car 901 silver this winter!

Casey

post-21264-14150811201719_thumb.jpg

Edited by Casey_z

The original Japanese (Nissan part) rear spoiler had flat surfaces on the rear of the spoiler to which the relocated deck emblems were attached.

Aftermarket BRE typ spoilers have no such flat surfaces.

I simply took the pins off and 3m taped them to the rear deck just above the spoiler near the original location. Wouldn't know the difference if I didn't tell you!

:)

The original Japanese (Nissan part) rear spoiler had flat surfaces on the rear of the spoiler to which the relocated deck emblems were attached.

Aftermarket BRE typ spoilers have no such flat surfaces.

I simply took the pins off and 3m taped them to the rear deck just above the spoiler near the original location. Wouldn't know the difference if I didn't tell you!

:)

I believe the 432 rear spoiler sold by Les Cannaday has the flat spot on the drivers side where the emblems belong.

Take a look at this old thread http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31859. If you have a "432R" style spoiler with a flat spot on the right side (as sold by Les at CDM), the correct way would be to mount the emblems like FilipA did in post #8. If your spoiler doesn't have a flat spot you could still mount the emblems the same way, but they probably wouldn't sit as flush, and I would just leave them off in that case.

-Mike