IGNORED

Ever blow a Freeze Plug while Driving?? I did....

Bing Crosby?? introduced by Art Jarrett in the movie Sitting Pretty (1933). The music was written by Harry Revel. Yup, I guess that would ring a bell. Song and Lyrics seem to stick with people better than anything I ever learned in school. Hell, I earned the "States" song in 3rd grade and I can now recite all 50 states, in alphebetical order, in under 40 seconds. Truth!!

Anyways, The motor runs great. But being as how we're taking both Z's to Canby this year, I had to pull the Webers and reinstall the SU's that originally were in it. They were in the red 70' so I had to pull those from there and put them in the green Z, then reinstall the shiney SU's back into the red Z.

Apon start up, the front float bowl started to "Fountain" fuel so I shut it down. The Electric Fuel Pump was too much for it. So I had to pull the EFP and all was good after that. I think Tyler will enjoy the ride of a well tuned stock 240Z. As compared to his 280Z.

Wow, Ask a simple question and get Rocket Science instead. Thanks but all I wanted to know is.....

What should the timing be at for a 2.6 (L26) at 750RPM? That's it. That's all.

Factory recommendation is 7º-8º, hope that helps.

Wow... I never would have thought to look at the plugs... I me and my girlfriend are about to pull the motor from her car (76 280z 2+2) and give it a good once over. We are replacing the oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, valve lash, etc... I think I just might check the plugs as well haha. Also, when I was replacing the clutch a few weeks ago, I thought it was funny that there is a freeze plug behind the clutch... isnt that a little hard to access? Glad to hear that you like the new L26 :)

Why don't you and your GF (if she wants too) stop by the house on Friday. Me and Tyler and his friend will be prepping the cars for the road trip and show. You're welcome to come on over and say "HI" anytime.

6421 105th St. NE Kellog Ridge (not kellog village) Top of the hill if you come from 67th.

Dave

oops. I'm at about 12*

Would that give me any issues on the top end? I ask cause she sputters out a little at around 5500rpm to 6k.

Dave

8º is conservative, shouldnt give any issues. What is your maximum advance at 3200 RPM, should be 31º. Sputtering at the top end might also be mixture or air, as the distributor is already maxed out at 3K-4K RPM.

Why don't you and your GF (if she wants too) stop by the house on Friday. Me and Tyler and his friend will be prepping the cars for the road trip and show. You're welcome to come on over and say "HI" anytime.

6421 105th St. NE Kellog Ridge (not kellog village) Top of the hill if you come from 67th.

Dave

Hey thanks for the offer, I just might take you up on that! :) Me and her will be getting back from camping that morning, so I dont think that she will make it (she lives in Lynwood). We are new to the Datsun scene, so I am grateful that you guys are both kind enough to help me out, and live in the area! I will let you know if I can make it. :beer: