IGNORED

new here

Remember though, your buying a nearly 40-year-old car. You can't buy one under 5k without planning on spending a decent amount of cash on getting the ride like new again. If you go in with your thinking cap on, plan for less than ideal situations, and end up with very few of them.. that's a good deal in my opinion :)

With Spitz, he probably dodged a bullet. Yet when buying a Z, wouldn't you want to replace the suspension, bushings, etc. soon anyways? That's not speaking for the bad gasket and "much more." I'm just adding to my point above haha

That things got less rust than anything you'll find near that price and esp. in Florida.

Assuming that you'll go with store bought replacements, you'd probably be looking at $1000+ for mostly everything except the door panels, which are harder to find. Yet, that's Black Dragon Prices and they aren't the cheapest(Pg. 28, 65, 68 and 71 of their on-line catalog), but I don't know what other options are local for you, so check. Here in Cali there's Motorsport Auto, which is a bit cheaper and you'd have to pay for shipping anyways from either. Just not quite as an extensive catalog there. I definitely recommend searching some used part outs, though. That'll save you tons of money. Personally, I love the red :)

Edited by bLatantS30

Did you get the car? It looks like it might have a dash cap?? There are replacement door skins that you can purchase and do yourself or have them redone by professionals. Everything from the plastic panels in the back, to the vinyl, to the seat foam/covers, carpet, you name it. I agree that I would leave it stock initially until you get a good feel for the car (unless the engine is shot and needs replacing). This also gives you the chance to use the car and give you more money in pocket to fix it up! No offense to you, but a big concern around here is when there are young kids posting about wanting to swap engines and go racing in the street. We have seen too many people wrap their cars around a pole and not only kill themselves but innocent people as well. I thinks its awesome someone your age loves z cars. They are a timeless classic. The great thing is that the engine bay is large enough to give you a wide selection of engines and modifications. There may be a lot of things you will want/need to change before the engine. I didn't see if there was a lot of stuff already done to the car but besides the interior, you may also change the bushings, exhaust, springs/shocks, need to take care of numerous rattles etc. Let us know what happens.

carl

Nah my parents are waiting till I get my license in a few months.. hopefully he will have it till then. I'm just wondering how much a l28 swap would cost for lets say... 250-300 hp? And ya I'm not into the whole street racing, crazy driving. I'm really cautious.. I know what you mean. I see kids do it all the time. I'd hate to have blood on my hands for killin someone. And of course I'd hate to wrap my baby around a pole :( I'm fine driving the stock car for a while and getting all the suspension and body stuff done to make sure the car is solid and safe. maybe after having the car for a year I can do a swap. I really dislike most of the new cars. civics, celicas, etc. old cars have more style. Most of the new cars all look soooo similar to me.

How much would it cost to redo the interior, from red to black

I have seen a 240 red interior that was resprayed with good quality black vinyl spray from rattle cans 12 years ago and still looks great. With some masking and care it can be done for very little cost.;)

Last month I used a SEM spray dye (black) for my 1929 Ford Model A Roadster. It was fantastic! If you do this be sure to use the SEM vinyl cleaner and don't skip or shortchange this step. I laid down 4 thin coats and then one solid one. The seat that I restored turned out fantastic - it did not alter any of the grain - once cured, I can not scrape or flake the finish off - I was and still am really impressed with the product. I have showed several people and they can not believe the seat was sprayed with a canned dye.

I'll be showing this car this weekend in a local car show!

post-14147-14150810922179_thumb.jpg