IGNORED

Pic of my Installed Windshield Banner

Oiluj

Ok, here is a pic of the installed banner. Went with the "DATSUN" vs. the "240Z" logo.

Took it to a local window tint place that charged me 30 bucks, (and I got what I paid for...). They didn't do that good a job and messed-up the tint between the S & T, so there's a defect. Not that bad, but enough to bug me.

Still, it looks pretty good and I really like it!

The strip is wider than the home-made, non-logo strip I put on my previous Z. While it's somewhat transparent, the lettering does cut down on vision in the top secton of the windshield. My initial impression is it feels a bit like I'm looking out a gunnery slit while driving. Still plenty of visibility, just different, and I'll get used to it.

Thanks again Arne for making this happen!

attachment.php?attachmentid=35602&d=1271631267

post-15388-14150810647045_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arne

That looks really nice. Where did you get it from?
Came from a recent (completed) group buy here. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35617
The strip is wider than the home-made, non-logo strip I put on my previous Z. While it's somewhat transparent, the lettering does cut down on vision in the top secton of the windshield. My initial impression is it feels a bit like I'm looking out a gunnery slit while driving. Still plenty of visibility, just different, and I'll get used to it.
The pre-production test unit I had in my car for a couple weeks was even wider yet. I had Joe trim the template back a bit to this current size. I have not found the lettering to be obtrusive, but the 240-Z lettering does not extend as far beyond the mirror as the DATSUN does.

Thanks for posting this follow up picture, Julio. I need to get a new picture of my car with the finished product on it, not just the quickie shots I took in the garage.

I may end up merging this thread into the original group buy thread later, just to keep it all together.

Arne,

Here's a very rough sketch of what cut-out & I installed in my previous Z roughly 20 years ago. (I only have powerpoint on this laptop and just made a straight line sketch). It was about 1" thinner on the sides, but the same width in the center mirror section.

I think the banners from the group buy are the same size as the originals. - I just need to get used to it.

post-15388-14150810647506_thumb.jpg

Julio, it looks great, I cant wait to get mine on, I have both Datsun and 280-Z. I am going with the 280-Z one like my old one. If I don't screw it up I will have the Datsun one left over for some one else.

Had to wash my car today before I could take pictures of it. You see, I tend to enjoy driving it so much that it gets driven in the rain now and then. Yes, in the RAIN! Oh, the humanity!

Back on topic - I didn't buy any of the DATSUN for myself, so all I have to choose from is the 240-Z...

attachment.php?attachmentid=35617&d=1271718473

post-8596-14150810652566_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arne

Had to wash my car today before I could take pictures of it. You see, I tend to enjoy driving it so much that it gets driven in the rain now and then. Yes, in the RAIN! Oh, the humanity!

Wow another Z not scared of a little rain. All my Zs have never been hydrophobic. Just got to spray it all down, and clean the oily grime off after the drive.;)