IGNORED

Fuel question

Oregon260z

Jonathan,

Search for "replacing vent line hoses". There is an article that should help you out. I found a bunch of articles here, at zcar.com, and hybrid Z.

If you can find the premier issue (Winter 2000) of "Sport Z magazine" There's an article on page 30 about replacing fuel vent lines.

Some of the vendors are: your local Nissan Dealer, MSA , Black Dragon, your local auto parts store, McMaste Carr.com. etc.

You may have to fabricate a couple of the vent hoses because of the 180 degree bends. This is covered in the above mentioned article.

Good luck.

Dave Ruiz

Edited by Powderkeg

i've been in the hunt myself to replace all the FI hoses, starting with the high pressure stuff first and then new vacuum lines all around, as mine are brittle and cracking.

as far as the actual fuel injection hose is concerned, i went with good old msa...

http://www.thezstore.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TZS&Product_Code=11-4001

and for the vacuum hose i found this company, and then their ebay ad, which for me works out to be cheaper on shipping. they've guaranteed me that they include enough hose to finish the entire engine bay. i haven't ordered yet, but would appreciate any input if any one else has...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380213120230&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

hope that helps. if you find better sources, let me know.

Just replaced a bunch or vacuum hosing over the last two days. All the carbon canister hoses and some EGR hose. The hose was from Kragen Auto (or O'Reilly's now) for 49 cents a foot, great for the price, but that silicone from inmocean's link adds some nice color to the engine bay. That picture is a good reference for hoses that I need to replace, all hi-lighted in red! :)

• 2 weeks later...

after being rudely interupted by my heater core valve i was able to change out all my high pressure hose and vacuum lines.

msa's fuel hose fit perfectly, of course, and had no leaks. also changed the fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, injector mounting blocks and seals while i had everything apart. also cleaned the fuel rail and hard to reach spots on the manifold. now the engine looks like a rebuilt engine on the outside too.

the vacuum kit arrived quickly, and was super easy to install, especially with my fuel wiring out of the way. the kit didn't come with a good size to for the air regulator, 3 pcs, 2' total, which the company is sending out to me and i would suggest clarifying that it would be included in any one else's order...i had 16' left over of the smallest diameter, which is cool for future projects. all the other pieces came down to the inch. i went with black, for a stock look, but i'll bet the color options they have would look cool with colored valve covers, spark plug wires, etc...

the kit was a little pricy, for a bag of hose, but way more conveniant than hunting around town for the right sizes...(i had already tried that with the smallest diameter stuff, and was meant with blank stares...)