IGNORED

A/C or no A/C... That is the question?

73 240Z Man

A/C or no A/C... That is the question?

I have all of the stock A/C equipment for my 73 240 and all but the compressor is still installed. The Z has a fairly built motor but the rest of the car needs alot of TLC. She was my first car and I got her back not too long ago. I am beginning the process of restoring her as money and time permits. I do live in southern California but I am leaning more toward eliminating the A/C.:cool:

What do you think....Should I keep the A/C or Go without?

Please reply...Give me your thoughts.

Go with A/C. If the weather is nice and you decide you don't want to use it....don't turn it on. On the other hand, if you remove it and are driving around on a hot day, your options are considerable more limited. :)

I've had A/C on my '71 since about 1972 and never regretted it. Consider it to be a "value added" option.

Dennis

Consider the distaff side of this discussion. Will she be more or less willing/desirous to go for a ride with or without A/C?

Like you, I was able to retrieve my car after a 30 year absence. My wife and I are both 30 years older, more susceptible to temperature and accustomed to environmental modification like we never were 30 years ago. Based on MY situation, I'd suggest sticking with the A/C, upgrading it as required, and enjoying it when needed.

Frank

My take gives the same answer, but from a different direction. Would I recommend adding A/C if you didn't have it already? No. But since you already have it, if you can make it work I see no reason to yank it.

Here in Texas, it's downright unpleasant without A/C for about 8 months out of the year.

I kept it original for the first 5 years I had the car, but I finally caved and got the MSA kit

I have the same question.

I have the dealer added York AC in my 73. It is complete, but probably has a leak as it hasn't worked since shortly after I bought the car in 2002.

I would love to get rid of the underhood clutter and regain the passenger footwell space, but I would also love to have AC.

I think the others are right. If you can make it work, keep it.

Later on, I may convert to a less obtrusive system.

I think the others are right. If you can make it work, keep it.

Later on, I may convert to a less obtrusive system.

I originally had the York set-up and when I pulled the Z out of stoage three years ago I converted to the new current rotary compressor.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...