IGNORED

How come my battery frame doesn't look like yall's?

BTF/PTM

I got a battery frame from Mossy Nissan, it's a new-old-stock special order part which they told me is for my '72 240z. It doesn't fit the existing battery well, but I don't think the existing one is the correct unit anyway. Does this frame look like the right one? It doesn't match any of the pictures in the threads I've searched. Are the diagonally opposed cutouts at the sides for correspondingly opposed battery terminals? Thanks all.

battery%20frame

In case the image link fails, here's the link by itself:

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/AwwsChwA/battery%20frame/

^ Thanks! :) What type of battery do you use? Also, the front "J" rod doesn't have a designated hole on the battery tray - does it just grab onto the lower lip that's slightly to the right of the front weld?

^ Thanks! :) What type of battery do you use? Also, the front "J" rod doesn't have a designated hole on the battery tray - does it just grab onto the lower lip that's slightly to the right of the front weld?

Yes. If you take a close look, there should be a little rounded notch on the lower edge of the tray right next to that front weld. "J" end of rod sits right in that notch.

I went to the most obvious place I could think of to get a properly fitting battery for the frame after getting frustrated with the Parts Stores in my area - I hit up Mossy Nissan again. Imagine that, they had exactly the battery I need, and it was less than $25 more than an aftermarket unit. Definitely a no-brainer when a factory part can be had for just a few bucks more than aftermarket. :)

Your new battery hold down looks exactly like the one on my '72...

further more, having been born and raised in the south/southeast I feel it is my duty to make all aware of the contraction "y'all" as in "you all". First, the apostrophe is located between the "y" and the "all". Secondly, the plural of "y'all" is "all of y'all"... j/k LOL

I got my "yall" from working in Texas where "all of y'all" takes way too long to say ;)

further more, having been born and raised in the south/southeast I feel it is my duty to make all aware of the contraction "y'all" as in "you all". First, the apostrophe is located between the "y" and the "all". Secondly, the plural of "y'all" is "all of y'all"... j/k LOL