IGNORED

Tire size for 71 240 with 15x7 Konig Rewinds

71gwd

Took this picture earlier today after a test drive in the hill country.

The front end is still a bit higher than I want it. I was hoping the Eibach springs would break in a bit, and sit a little lower, but I think that is probably not going to happen.

At any rate, I've experienced no rubbing in about 25 miles of driving on winding country roads so far.

post-3312-14150810392622_thumb.jpg

INF I think your car looks spectacular. And you are completely correct about why I changed to 195/60/15's. The 205/60's had a slight rub. I think if the car is at stock height, it may not have rubbed, but I have no way of knowing.

I can speak to the quality of the 960AS Bridgestones. I had my first track day and they performed wonderfully. Not as sticky as a dedicated summer tire, but my gosh, they proved to be quite nice with the right air pressure. 35F/32R is what I found provided a really nice cornering feel.

Feel is what I want to stress. While they give up something to dedicated summer tires for stickyness, you more than make up for in feel. I am not a fan of all seasons at all. This is my first pair in fact. But I found these provide a good ride for our aging cars, while giving us lots of grip.

So not be scared to go to a 195/60 profile. It is only 10mm narrower than 205 and it is a really good match for the 7" rim. The smaller contact patch also livens up the steering, and makes the car a tad more nimble in my opinion. I am an autocrosser by nature, just getting into track days, and these tires are well capable of handling the power of a stock 240Z.

If I could find a max performance summer tire in a 195/60 I would get it, but these 960s took an hour of abuse at the track with repeated 85-90mpg sweepers and they never really gave up. I think part of that is their quality construction, part is due to the light weight of our cars, and part is due to the relatively low power of our cars.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.. here is a picture of my 195/60's if it helps you out.

4361065804_b4b94fd0f1_b.jpg

4361066694_5a19856d6c_b.jpg