IGNORED

Drain hole plugs

tanny

I was wondering if there would be any advantage/disadvantage to sealing the drain holes in the floor pan with fiberglass instead of putting the plugs back in? What function do these plugs serve anyway? They obviously are not ever used for drains unless you make an aquarium out of your floor pans. Thanks.

ps. Where would be the most reasonable(least expensive) place to buy POR-15?

If you left your windows down during a storm they would be nice.The best use I know of is once I had a friend knock over a carton of milk in the floor.Soap and a hose were required to clean it out.Ever break a heater hose or get a split in your heater control valve or heater core.Glad those holes were there!! Daniel

>>>>The milk was MINE!!

DOHHHH! Milk is not good for you. Human is the ONLY species that consumes milk after weaning. It is practically indigestable in the adult human body. Just don't tell that to the Dairy Ad Council or the Dairy Lobby....Remember: Milk Does a Body Good!

steve(don't get me started)77

• 4 years later...
5 years after the last post...are you supposed to just leave open holes on the floor?

Supposed to? No. but I guess that's up to you. This was a discussion about alternatives to the rubber plugs that were originally installed.

yeah, it made me wonder..If water can get out, water can get in. There's got to be some kind of plug that will only let water out but not in. Also, I was thinking that if you make a little funnel-like piece with a small hole on the end.. it will be hard for water to get in, but easy for it to get out.