IGNORED

What are these wheels?

defiantclass1

Hello,

I'm looking a 1970 240 in the pictures found in the link below. I'm wondering if anyone might know what these wheels are exactly. The owner of the car only said they were a "dealer install option". I'm don't know what he means by that. I have seen these wheels in another picture of a 240, so I'm thinking they are original Nissan but don't know for sure.

I'd like to find a set of 4 of these and wondering if anyone might be able to help direct me where to look.

Thanks!

http://www.carpictures.com/photo/viewer/03DFF244158534I

They look the same as the ones I have on my Z My PO also said they were a factory option. I can't quite see the center caps on the ones you are asking about. Mine have a P/S for "Per Spec" or performance specialties. I have seen them in a Z after-market catalog I have from the early 70's

Nice looking 70 too.

Those are probably the most common style of aftermarket aluminum wheels for Zs. They were made by many different manufacturers. They are not Nissan wheels, but were added onto new cars by many dealers which helped create the myth that they were a factory option. So many were made that they are very easy to find on craigslist or ebay.

-Mike

As Mike said, here is a photo of when i polished mine, they are Appilance 7x14, they were actually given to me by a member of this board.

Just remember to get the right tire size.

Chris

post-14427-14150809561497_thumb.jpg