IGNORED

Nissan Motorsports square port header gasket NLA

preith

I searched Courtesy Nissan's website and it looks like the L24/L26 square port header gasket, p/n 99996-e1044, is NLA. I'm bummed out, that was a really nice gasket, much better than the paper ones MSA is selling.

Does anyone know of a comparable one available or a place which may still stock the Nissan Motorsports gasket?

Thanks! My apologies, the answer was there all along. Heh, I did search, saw your thread, but I had arse-u-me'd they were of the same paper construction as the MSA ones. After some research it appears they are of the same construction, or quite similar to the Nissan Motorsport variety. Per their website:

Hooker's precision–matched Super Competition header gaskets provide a sure fit and unmatched exhaust sealing.This OEM quality gasket is constructed of a thick (.070") laminated, graphite impregnated substrate. The substrate combined with a perforated aluminum core provides superior grip and adhesion.

This is great timing! My exhaust bottomed out on a gas station on the way to Thunderhill and now I have an awful header leak... again. I will have to try this gasket, hopefully 3rd times a charm!

:beer:

Good to hear, well not about your misfortune, but I suspect this will help. Hopefully if we get a lot of guys ordering this they'll keep it in production.

FYI, I placed my order with Summit last night, they are on back order with a 1/22 ship date.

Good to hear, well not about your misfortune, but I suspect this will help. Hopefully if we get a lot of guys ordering this they'll keep it in production.

FYI, I placed my order with Summit last night, they are on back order with a 1/22 ship date.

At this point I might order 2 :stupid:

As you can see in the picture, a previous owner cut between each primary. I got it sealed nicely the last time but I think this time I'll be using some flat steel to line everything up and tack the flange back together.

It is leaking at the number 2 cylinder now. That night you could see the blue flame shooting straight on the fuel line. We think it may have been causing some vapor locking problems, the fuel line was too hot to touch for long (even with the heat wrap). The car wouldn't rev past 2500 until we crushed some aluminum cans and placed them on the intake blocking the heat. Also had to block the return line before it drove like normal again for the return trip.

All that aside, Thunderhill was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to try Buttonwillow :cool:

I drove it on the stock suspension since I haven't finished the coilovers ROFL

post-18904-14150809554477_thumb.jpg

At this point I might order 2 :stupid:

As you can see in the picture, a previous owner cut between each primary. I got it sealed nicely the last time but I think this time I'll be using some flat steel to line everything up and tack the flange back together.

It is leaking at the number 2 cylinder now. That night you could see the blue flame shooting straight on the fuel line. We think it may have been causing some vapor locking problems, the fuel line was too hot to touch for long (even with the heat wrap). The car wouldn't rev past 2500 until we crushed some aluminum cans and placed them on the intake blocking the heat. Also had to block the return line before it drove like normal again for the return trip.

All that aside, Thunderhill was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to try Buttonwillow :cool:

I drove it on the stock suspension since I haven't finished the coilovers ROFL

Wow, a Clifford header, too bad the PO cut the flange. You don't see those headers anymore.

Along those lines, I'd consider bolting that up to a scrap head, welding the pieces back together with either a torch or TIG (chamfering first) and then reinforce the welded sections with some flat stock, keeping it bolted to the head the entire time.

It's a nice header otherwise.

Along those lines, I'd consider bolting that up to a scrap head, welding the pieces back together with either a torch or TIG (chamfering first) and then reinforce the welded sections with some flat stock, keeping it bolted to the head the entire time.

It's a nice header otherwise.

Thanks, I like that idea. My friend has a nice TIG and MIG at his shop (much better than my 110 mig). Part of the challenge is a couple of the primaries have settled up/down from the rest. It doesn't actually take much muscle to line it up. I think I'll be able to make it work with a little creativity and make it look good.

I'd like to save it if I can since they aren't around anymore and it's a good looking header

:beer: