IGNORED

Whats your Z plan for 2010?

stevef1972z

Now when the snow is gone, the temperature in the garage have risen above 5° Celsius (41° F) and the cover is removed from the Datsun – it’s time to get it ready for a new season. During the winter I have collected some spare parts and upgrades to prepare the car for the summer!

The list to do is as follows:

• Install original looking mylar sunshade – many thanks to Arne for making this possible!

• Replace the old rusty gas tank with an, equally old, but rust free tank – including new hoses.

• Install the passenger side rear speaker – in order to eliminate the sound coming from the driver side speaker.

• Repair a dent in the driver side door and line it up properly with the body.

• Install rear sway bar.

• Repair the broken driver side seat backrest – or replace the seat.

• And as the icing on the cake – I cannot wait to install my newly purchased ztherapy carburettors.

This concludes the cheep or already purchased repairs or upgrades for this spring. On the longer run and if the funds are available I would like to install the following to my car:

• 5-speed gearbox

• BRE style front spoiler, and maybe the rear spoiler – I cannot decide if I should go for the sleek look without the rear spoiler or the mini super car look with the rear spoiler – I like them both!

On a hole other note I would like to show off my “new” baby. Last fall I bought this 1991 BMW E30 325iX Touring to replace my old faithful Morris 1000 Super as my daily driver.

003_lille.jpg

To expect an improvement over my Morris is obvious, but way this, 19 year old, machine drives is fantastic, even compared to modern cars – especially fun is the 4-wheel drive system in the snow! The body is rust free and the car is equipped with most of the bells and whistles of the time.

Well, this ended up being much longer that intended – bear with me. Have a nice and productive Easter in the garage!