IGNORED

What areas were blacked out before glass is put in?

Richard Oben

I did some searching but must be doing something wrong. We are getting ready to start putting 9070 back together and I want to have the areas that are supposed to be black done before we put the windows in.

So does anyone have any pix of what is supposed to be black ANYWHERE on the car, front, rear around windows etc. Much easier to do it now than try to touch it up later. Thanks in advance, Richard.

I did some searching but must be doing something wrong. We are getting ready to start putting 9070 back together and I want to have the areas that are supposed to be black done before we put the windows in.

So does anyone have any pix of what is supposed to be black ANYWHERE on the car, front, rear around windows etc. Much easier to do it now than try to touch it up later. Thanks in advance, Richard.

Here is some of what you are refering to.......

(It is Series2, but mostly the same)

http://jdm-car-parts.com/datsun-240z-original-detail/where-part-of-the-body-needs-to-be-black-on-240z-260z-280z/

Richard: here are a few photos of some of the areas. I did not take any of the front,rad support area. I can not get at the front without opening the large door on my garage and it is -38 C today:sick:.

Dan

If you look at the fourth picture of this post, this shows the aft door opening bead edge. If the do the same black across the bottom of the threshold open and then up the front door opening edge to the pillar post, and, also, extend this threshold door opening painted edge both forward to the fire wall and aft to the wheel housing, along the top edge of the inner rocker panel, this will hide any body color which may show below the rear dog leg panel or the front kick panel and the rocker panel vinyl trim piece.

Wish I could find pictures but hope this helps.