IGNORED

Black ZZZZZZZ

studioti

thanks guys. i agree with you Diseazd....i use to have a black car and it was a pain... but once you actually got around to giving it a wash... it sure did look better than any other color.

I will probably not go black and stick with metallic blue...

unless your body work is perfect, black will show off all the flaws with it. To my eyes, silver is the best color for hiding less than perfect body/paint. I think this has something to do with the fact that black (and to a lesser extent other solid, non-metallic colors) create a mirror finish, while metallics (especially silver) create a gradient finish.

I also avoid black because they aren't very compatible with 115 degree summer days here in the desert.

Geof

Well my first 240Z was a black one and I loved it...in fact so much that I am considering painting my newest Z black as well. I couldn't go anywhere without being stopped and people saying how much they loved the black on the Z.

here is mine as I bought it and then when I sold it with a few tasteful mods..

Enjoy

post-15533-14150809029654_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150809030145_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150809030765_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150809031434_thumb.jpg

Well my first 240Z was a black one and I loved it...in fact so much that I am considering painting my newest Z black as well. I couldn't go anywhere without being stopped and people saying how much they loved the black on the Z.

here is mine as I bought it and then when I sold it with a few tasteful mods..

Enjoy

My first 240Z was black as well. I had it when I was in college in the late '70's and early '80s. I received a lot of compliments as well. I bought it from the body shop manager of a local Datsun dealership. He had the body work and paint done by his men at the shop. It was a '72 and was originally blue with a white interior. The man told me he decided to have it painted black after he saw a '78 Black Pearl on the showroom floor at the dealership. I may have some old pictures of the car somewhere, but here are some pics of another 240Z that was recently up for auction on Ebay last March

post-6600-14150809032374_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150809032677_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150809032919_thumb.jpg

post-6600-1415080903316_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150809033398_thumb.jpg

That car came out of Oregon and apparently went for $5500.00...I called the day after he had sold it. The fellow who bought it, shipped it to Florida and immediately put it on ebay for $11000.00...It didn't sell after a couple of attempts and then it hasn't shown up since.

Don't be greedy I say...but it was an awfully clean car just the same.