IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

It's not so long ago I painted the parts of my suspension but the front end is allready showing surface rust on some parts due the weather conditions right now. It's a constant fight against the elements I tell ya... :knockedou

Yep. Thats why my Zed won't see daylight until April. The weather here has been good so far, but when they start using salt on the roads its bad news for any Zed. Lets face, rust prevention wasn't Datsuns strong point.

Chas

E-tek, Thats a nice job you have done on the suspension parts. Looks neat. I wonder how it will hold up to daily use?

Your project is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

Chas

DAILY USE?!?! Surely you jest! ;)

We have 6 cars and 4 only see summer use. The Z will get a rip a couple times a week at most. As for the painted bits holding up, I really enjoy the process of restoration and treat them like full-sized models. Not too concerned if the paint wears once done - I'll just touch it up again!

• 1 month later...

Goings on at the E-tek Rodshop

post-18557-14150828065938_thumb.jpg

With the 40 Ford gone, I hope to have more time to get something done on the Z...

post-18557-14150828066266_thumb.jpg

I've posted this photo before, but now the story of why it's still sitting here - LOL! The mounting points are currently occupied by the rotisserie bars - so I have to jack/lift/hold the front end to remove the rotisserie then attach the suspension! Oh brother.

post-18557-14150828066507_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150828066738_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Wheeel. Unfortunately, our Z has been sleeping under a large cover for the past year. It's not that I haven't been busy, but not on the Z. In the interim, I've restored and modded a 40 Ford showcar and am just finsihing up a kick-arse show-quality 68 Camaro. If interested, you can see all the work done on my blog at www.E-tekRestorations.blogspot.ca

One things for sure: with it's new paint, boxes of new parts and all the running gear restored, when I get back to finishing the Z it'll be an absolute pleasure to work on. I can't wait....but will have to.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...