IGNORED

Prices for rebuilt engines

Tophu530

So for the past month i've been trying to fix my 240z engine. It is the original L24 and it was seized up. I put some PB blaster into the cylinder walls then tried to turn the engine manually but nothing moved. The damage is a little more than I thought at first. Now I am looking to get a rebuilt engine. Normally, what is the price for a rebuilt L24;L26:L28 cost?

I've never purchased a complete rebuilt L series 6 cylinder engine. Any rebuilding I was involved with was always done by me. Don't even know where you'd look for one but someone else might. I always hear the name Rebello but they don't do 'stock' rebuilds from what I understand.

$1600 installed is a good deal if that includes the disassembly, machine work, parts, reassembly, etc. Likely the result of 'knowing someone'. I've done them for less that than but I do my own disassembly/reassembly.
Yep, Dean Nakatsu at NAKATSU'S GARAGE 530-632-2761 in Yuba City, CA . $588 for machine work and $700 for assembly work plus the price of parts i could provide myself :) . I used a rebuilt head off Ebay no machine work on that which saved some change. Edited by WingZr0

I put a Jasper remanufactured L28 engine in my yellow car for about $2,200 about 3 years ago. It came with a 75K or 3 year warranty and they delivered it to my door. I have been pretty happy with it.

I also went that route but had them pick up, rebuild, and deliver my original L24 to keep it numbers matching.

My L24 for VIN 3435 was rebuilt last year in Memphis, TN for $2334 including tax. It came with a 75,000 mile/3 year warrenty. The guy had 3 L24s he received in the same week for rebuild. Be sure to check the engine number when it comes back, he sent us the wrong engine and he was lucky he ehad not shipped mine to Tampa, FL before we called him. 3435 restore has slowed down since the guy doing it was in a serious accident and in a coma for 3 1/2 weeks in March. He's back up and around but has vision problems.

post-926-14150808070908_thumb.jpg

post-926-141508080712_thumb.jpg

post-926-14150808071388_thumb.jpg

post-926-14150808071438_thumb.jpg