Arne

Mylar logo'd sunshades - Completed

Here's the final count:  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Here's the final count:

• [b]240-Z[/b]
    • [b]280-Z[/b]
    • [b]DATSUN[/b]

Last call for comments or getting in/out or whatever. I'm going to make a decision on whether I can proceed on this over the next few days.

At the risk of doing something I will soon regret, I'm going to proceed with the Bolder Tint project. Here are the final details.

Minimum order is 60 tints. We currently have about 40 spoken for. Based on that, plus the hope that I will be able to sell off the excess in a reasonable time, I'm willing to put up the rest of the money to get the order built. I hope I'm not making a several hundred dollar mistake...

In an effort to simplify bookkeeping, I have decided to average out the freight costs and do all orders to the USA at a fixed price of $35 each. (You Canadian buyers, I will be contacting you shortly with your special details.) No quantity discounts, sorry. My plan is this - now is the time to send your check or money order. But please note!! If you pay by money order, please keep the receipt, as I won't cash any until I get payments for close to 40 units. At that point, I will personally pay the difference to get the order of 60 made. But if we don't get the 40 or so paid for in a reasonable amount of time, I will return all checks and money orders.

I'd really like to have those 40 paid for by Oct. 20 or so to make this happen. I don't want to let this hang out indefinitely. So prompt payment is going to be a key to making it work.

Please print out and include the order form linked here, which also has my address on it. It will help me with keeping track of the whole deal.

http://1971.240z.home.comcast.net/temp/CZCC-BT-USA.pdf

A quick reminder that you need not have gotten in on this earlier (with the original poll and such) to participate. All are welcome!!

I have emailed and PM'd the interested Canadians, also.

Canadian prices will be US$42 each, and the Canadian order form is at:

http://1971.240z.home.comcast.net/temp/CZCC-BT-Canada.pdf

I should also note, I don't think I'm going to be able to get away with declaring these as gifts, due to the large number that I will be mailing. I'm afraid I'll need to declare them at a value of $32US per unit. I don't know what that will do to you folks as far as duties and tax. I will attempt to ship multiples in as few packages as possible, on the assumption that any handling fee that they charge you for collecting the duties will only be charged once.

The first checks arrived today. Let's all hope that enough people respond. About 8% of the way there. Need to get to 65-70% to get to where I can cover the rest.

Arne, I just now noticed this. I will send you a check for 2 on Tuesday since Mon is a holiday.

Thanks,

Paul

edit: Here is why. A shot of my old Z

ballanc-R1-E002.jpg

This is from a car show c. 1975

Edited by rxsleeper

edit: Here is why. A shot of my old Z

ballanc-R1-E002.jpg

This is from a car show c. 1975

Yup, I can't wait. This will be the last period accessory that I think I want for my car. And it's been the hardest to find. I'm still hopeful that it'll happen.

I'm going to be out of town for several days this coming week, so no mail updates until Thursday or so. Cross your fingers, everyone...

Mixed results while I was gone. Only 4 checks, but most were for multiples. Up to 38% as of today. Still hoping, and still possible.

45% today. Checks reported as already in the mail should bring us past 50%. Close, but not quite there yet...

Today brings us to 48%. Hoping to get enough by the end of the week to make the move. I don't want to let all these checks hang out in limbo too long.

Things are moving slower than I had hoped. Up to an even 50% today.

I'm going to need to cut this stage off at some point, can't let it drag on indefinitely. But far enough along that I don't yet want to write this off and give up. Here's hoping more payments are already in the mail.

Would this item be a candidate for the CZCC store or eBay for the remainder of the items?

Edited by TomoHawk

I'd rather avoid eBay if I can. I do now have permission from the maker to offer them a bit wider, as long as I still don't personally profit from them, which opens the possibility to offer them on other sites like hybridz.org once I have product in hand.

hybridz is fine. I mentioned eBay as a last-effort thing, so you could have enough of a customer base to sell whatever you'd need to make the idea work out.

I would like to order one if you are still pursuing this. Just found the thread.

Jerry

Arne certainly is. Go ahead and send him the order.

I'd rather avoid eBay if I can. I do now have permission from the maker to offer them a bit wider, as long as I still don't personally profit from them, which opens the possibility to offer them on other sites like hybridz.org once I have product in hand.

"as long as I still don't personally profit from them" indicates to me that you could sell them on eBay provided you just used a "buy it now" price that's the same is what everyone here is paying (possibly plus the cost of doing business on eBay). I realize that eBay can be a hassle but surely that's a wider audience than what you have here. Clearly there are those of us who visit every day but there are others like Jerry who simply wasn't aware of this opportunity. I know you're anxious to make this happen but I'm personally willing to wait as long as it takes rather than have you feel like you have to pull the plug and return payments.

Oh, if I need to go to eBay to sell off the unspoken for units, I will. I would do it much as you noted.

Jerry, I'll send you a PM with the details.

And based on promises of money said to be in the mail, I'm going to extend my deadline to Oct. 31, maybe farther.

If you made a profit and donated it to the club, would that be allowed? Could be quite a bit of money for the site! Just thinking out loud (in an online sort of way).

If you made a profit and donated it to the club, would that be allowed? Could be quite a bit of money for the site! Just thinking out loud (in an online sort of way).
That was actually the original plan. Will still happen if I can move the leftovers.

Happy to help generate sales of the leftovers if there is a way for me to do that. I can take pictures, write content ect. Just let me know if there is anything I can do.