IGNORED

Looking for pictures of what I'm missing

Cxracer

In my continuing quest to install my first engine in a car I am lining up the parts to drop a 75 2.8l engine in my 72 240z.

Unfortunately, the previous owner and friend had converted the original 2.4l engine to a 4 barrel carb set up with too large a carb that ended up over revving and breaking.

I am putting SU carbs onto my the 75 2.8l engine that I found but all the original linkage from the accelerator to the carb assembly is gone. I have the linkage on the carbs themselves that ends at the U shaped part with the hole in it.

What I am missing is the assembly that runs from the accelerator to the through the firewall and twists the U shaped part to actuate the carbs.

What I have in its place is a housing stop at the fire wall and a braded cable running though it and attaching to the top of the accelerator pedal.

I am going to the junk yard this weekend in hopes of finding the right parts but I don't know what I am looking for. I saw in another posting that links for the 240z is different from the 260z and 280z so I want to know that I'll come back with the right parts.

Can someone take some clear picture of the parts that go through the fire wall and the linkage that converts the pulling motion of the top of the accelerator pedal to the twisting motion needed at the carb linkage?

I've attached pictures of what I have now.

Also if you know of any other source for these parts at a reasonable cost please let me know. I haven’t seen them listed anywhere.

post-16476-14150807934782_thumb.jpg

post-16476-14150807935398_thumb.jpg

post-16476-14150807935974_thumb.jpg

You can probably get them from ztherapy.com, and yes, I can tell you that the linkage for a 260 is different from a 240. (a 260 can use either one as long as its consistent from end to end). Best bet is to find a 240 at the junk yard and take the entire linkage from to pedal to the intake manifold. Just take your time taking it apart so you don't break the plastic ends.

I don't have any pics of under the dash on my laptop, but here's a couple others.

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the pictures. Do you know if these are still availble for sale as new parts or is my only hope to dig them out of a parts car?