IGNORED

My air cleaner build

g9m3c

With all this help, looks like you are on the right track. Now for my "help". LOL

If it were me, I'd add a nipple on the back of one of them (probably the one you haven't built yet!) to connect the breather hose from the valve cover. That is a much cleaner solution than one of those silly looking K&N breather filters, and cuts down on fumes and mess under the hood.

The stock air cleaner is about 3", the stock air filter is about 2 1/2" and the stock air horns are about 1 1/2" tall - so the HS6 ram pipe should be about perfect at 1 1/2" height. At $32.00 each that is IMHO a very reasonable price...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Eh.....not to me. Hopefully I can find a good deal on some 16 gauge stamped horns that I can weld onto a 16 gauge plate that'll bolt up inside of the air cleaners.

Anyone know of a place for those?

Grant,

Any holes in the mouth of the carb needs a corresponding hole in the backing plate.

Ah.......those holes. LOL I thought we were talking about holes for some other hoses or something. I plan to drill those and the mounting holes for the bases once the carbs get here and I have a good pattern to work from.

With all this help, looks like you are on the right track. Now for my "help". LOL

If it were me, I'd add a nipple on the back of one of them (probably the one you haven't built yet!) to connect the breather hose from the valve cover. That is a much cleaner solution than one of those silly looking K&N breather filters, and cuts down on fumes and mess under the hood.

LOL I already have one of those "silly looking" breathers. It's a very small one, which I think looks better than a 1" diameter hose running across the top of the engine. ;)

Fully buffed with the Z decal applied. Not bad for spray paint, aye? :D

DSC00317.jpg

That's all I did on it today. :LOL: Probably not gonna get a lot done the rest of the week either. I'll be out of town for a few days, but hopefully it will be running in a couple more weeks or less! :cool:

Any ideas on some cheap stamped air horns?

A similar style air cleaner for triple Mikunis is shown in the attached photos. It was purchased from Jim Wolf's Import Auto Center in the 80's. The air filter is a K&N model E-2950, used in a Lamborghini Countach S.

Fixitman

post-16252-14150807844275_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150807844845_thumb.jpg

A similar style air cleaner for triple Mikunis is shown in the attached photos. It was purchased from Jim Wolf's Import Auto Center in the 80's. The air filter is a K&N model E-2950, used in a Lamborghini Countach S.

Fixitman

Wow that's a nice one. And from the 80's no less. Looks to be sheetmetal.

Wow that's a nice one. And from the 80's no less. Looks to be sheetmetal.[/quote

Aluminum sheet actually. Your air cleaner is very nicely done. What is the material? How did you make it?

Fixitman

Thank you. It's made of 6061-T6 Aluminum. Machined on my Haas VF3 CNC. :)