IGNORED

Tribute Car on Ebay

bobc

My car is not for sale, so Chris your right, I am not concerned about resale.

I just want to represent the best BRE Tribute car that I can.

See you at the Mitty next April!!

Ron

Ya think you might have hit it right on the head Ron?

John Morton drove my car at willow a few years back. I was sent to the airport to pick him up on friday. He was standing at the curb when I pulled up. He comes over and says nice paint. I asked him if he wanted to drive it back to the track. Sure he said so off we go. After we were back at the track for a while I asked him if he would take me for a ride. Man I had no idea my car was that fast. LOL

Ron,

The only thing lacking in your car is a trip east...so I can see it in person.

As I recall you are bringing it out for me to have a look at;), and Mitty just happened to be at the right time with a BRE twistROFLROFL!

Will

Hey, what is truth, what you believe, or what is?:stupid:

John Morton drove my car at willow a few years back.

My first ride with Mr. Morton was in a pure stock 1972 Datsun 510 at Portland International Raceway... He and several other professional drivers were there with 2 240Z's, 2 510's and 2 1200 Coupes all dead stock. Nissan had them and the cars there to demonstrate the strength and reliability of the 72 Model Line up - for the Northwest Datsun Dealers Association meeting.

The six cars & drivers took everyone for three or four laps, in every model. All morning and into the afternoon - it was full throttle on every car. Only tires were changed, because they were completely gone every 24 to 30 laps... Nissan had an 18 wheeler there, just to carry the pure stock spare tires/wheels...

It was an amazing demo - yes - drifting around 90 degree turns - was done for fun - and with less effort than a Sunday Drive... It was truly amazing just how proficient these guys were. All of us "civilians" were talking at lunch about how deep the dents in the passenger floorboards were - from us "braking" as we flew into the turns!!

Those were the days - when you walked into a Datsun Dealership - and were meet by real, enthusiastic DATSUN salesmen, and when you wondered out into the service area - the mechanics would talk your arm off about how wonderful the cars and trucks were... The days when the person that actually owned the Dealership - was THERE, and glad to see the Datsun Customers every time they returned...

Wouldn't we all love to see Penske turn Saturn around like that again??

Also sad that most of the people on this forum - never experienced just how magical it was. You get a little of the flavor whenever you drive a pure stock 240Z, 510, 1200 or 720 Pickup... but in 1972 the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

FWIW,

Carl B..... ok so I am an old geezer...

Will, you are in for a treat!! There are going to be some very special cars at the Mitty this next April. For sure it will be the largest gathering of BRE cars ever assembled. With all the guys as well.

It is gonna be worth the price of admission...We are working on hauling 6 or 7 cars from the West Coast.

Peter and Gayle have asked me to bring my Z out to take the place of the original BRE 46 240Z. I am flattered, and can't pass up the opportunity.

I have seen John drive, and I have been out on the track with him. I feel like a kindergardener trying to keep up with a PHD. John is very tallented, and just the easiest going guy you could meet. He always has a great story and a smile.

Carl, your right. Where is the excitement and the interest? Fortunately a couple of service writers in my area are big fans from way back, and they are always happy to see me.

Ron

Edited by ron carter