IGNORED

Tribute Car on Ebay

bobc

Pretty paint promises a nice car, but the interior/engine compartment doesn't deliver.

Missing heater controls-and fan, rust on the door sill(passengerside seen through the drivers door opening, What's up with the shifter boot(stuck over the shifter, not installed in the console?), a switch in the(dirty) console emblem, Mismatched red interior,

Dirty, rusty engine compartment with cut wires dangling.

First place in a carshow held one month ago? Not if the pictures in the ad are current-unless the pretty paintjob blinded the judges, or the interior and engine compartment didn't count at all! Well then again, with the tinted windows, and the car locked with the hood down...and a NEWELL type car show...Then again, the extra pictures do show a better interior situation than those in the ebay ad-clean and with hvac controls installed-though the fuzzys at the door glass look to be in need of replacement...

If the ebay ad pictures are current, this is a project car with pretty paint-no interior/underhood detailing, and no HVAC/defroster. I can't help but wonder why it wasn't finished, and what else was left undone.

If the ebay ad pictures are not current, what is the seller thinking using them?

Will

Edited by hls30.com

It was a people's choice award. Very rarely the best judges. The paint looked good on the car when I saw it, but I didn't get to see the engine compartment. Based on the pictures Bob posted, there was a reason the hood was down.

jocote75,

What are you asking for?? I don't follow...

Also, I spoke to Gayle Brock recently, this car for sale on ebay is NOT a tribute car, it is not "licensed by BRE" tribute car. Keep that in mind and read the front end of this post.

Other than my car, I am sure there are...

It is a popular scheme and there are several cars that I have seen that are painted in a manor that is close. I am not sure if any or all are on this BB.

Ron

Edited by ron carter

• 2 weeks later...