IGNORED

Can anyone identify these parts?

TVollnogle

Wonder if anyone can tell me what these parts are. I suspect they might be door components but can't find them in the micro-fiche. I've scoured my disassembly pictures and am not coming up with anything. They are 30" long or so and came off of my '70, #3212.

Thanks,

Terry

post-8351-14150807434912_thumb.jpg

Well, that makes me feel some better. I don't remember taking them off but they were in the box with interior stuff related to door. I even checked the door interior of my '72 parts car but didn't see them. It's a mystery where they came from.

Thanks for the input Arne and Mike.

Terrry

Just a shot in the dark, but they resemble a left & right side drawer slides...the part that would mount on the drawer and ride in the grooves of the roller wheels. Would have to be a huge drawer though.

Those are the mounting strips for an inexpensive aftermarket hatch louver, they slip partially under the rear window weatherstrip and are held in position by an interference fit when the louvers are actually installed-though more often than not a couple of daubs of clear or black silicone was used to secure them for the times when the louvers were unlocked and lifted to clean the rear window-as the upper hinge is not the sturdiest version used in louvers. The large hole at one end accepted the probosces of lock functioning as and strongly resembling a Zues(?) fastener-usually with a key resembling a two pin gunlock key.

Will

Edited by hls30.com

Good one Will. I sat here last night racking my brain as to what they could be and remembered that there were louvers thrown in the back of the car when I bought it. I started wondering if they could be the mounting brackets for it that had been thrown in the back and I just put them in the interior stuff box while stripping out the car. I was going to check today to see if that was the case.

Thanks for the help. If anyone is interested in having those louvers, let me know. I'll never use them. Just pay shipping and they are yours.

Terry

Will, You amaze me some times. I wouldn't have called them inexpensive although. I had the same type on my first 240 and at the time it was I thought it wasn't cheap, of coarse working and going to college everything was expensive to me. The one thing about that type was it slid under the glass and you didn't have to drill holes in lid.

Bill,

I bought Interpart Louvers My first Z after looking at all of the louvers that were available. There were three types that I looked at though there were six or seven name brands. The louvers the parts in question fit were the least expensive that I looked at, something like $150 with shipping, I liked the fact that it took a key to open them, but the hinges were a serious weak point to me.

The Interpart had what I considered to be the best mounting, no holes required, a tab for each hinge, a rubber contact strip(much like door edge guard-but smaller) for each slat, and a fitted side piece that ran under the weatherstrip for the length of each side of the glass with a real tongue based lock-and that cool Interpart stamped chrome plated key. I paid something like $250 with shipping for them. They are still on that car-though I re-painted them once.

The other set I looked at were a couple of brands that were the same as the Shadow brand that was used on the Black Pearl. I liked the serious and well made knurled deadbolt lock, (but with out the need for a key, they had no security-and theft was an issue when louvers were new to the scene) and the hinges, but the clincher was the need to drill holes.

It isn't that the louvers that fit the Parts Terry pictured were cheep, they were just the least expensive that were available to me-still not cheep, or inexpensive!.

Will