IGNORED

Wrong Driveshaft?

hogie

I managed to get it off of there yesterday. I flipped the rear diff mount, bolted the rear end back in, set the parking brake, and gently popped it into reverse. That little amount of twist was just enough to break whatever tension was holding it together.

I am removing the powder coating from the flange and that should make it a little less tight for next time. Having the diff set back the right amount makes driveshaft removal much easier.

Oh, and open exhaust is ridiculous loud on these things!

I finally got everything apart and noticed a couple of odd things. With no driveshaft 1-5 is perfectly smooth with no pop out in overdrive. Since everthing seemed smooth I tossed the driveshaft back in with the differential installed in the proper set-back position and now 1-4 runs good down the road, but 5th still pops out as soon as I let the clutch out.

I would be all about an RT mount, though the mount I have now appears to be almost

never driven on. I do have a drive line clunk when getting off the gas in 1st and 2nd. There is no slop in the u-joints and the mount is good so I am not sure where it is coming from.

Who thinks I will miss overdrive?