Sign in to follow this  
KID-K

Operation 240k

Hey buddy anymore updates on this car? Just came across it now. I would love to get stuck into a K one day. Have always liked them and felt kinda sorry for them rotting away unloved in many junkyard in Australia.

I'm currently in Los Angeles on holidays, returning on the 10th of july, the coupe hopefuly will be out of paint when i get back..Tinter Black...will post pics as soon as i get back..

hey Kid-K

did you actually make them flares? Any chance you could make another set of 4 and sell them to me? That would be awesomeness!

i have a set of WORK EQUIPS waiting to get on my K, just sussin around for flares/overfenders at this stage...

Ur ride is nuts!! absolutely luv it mate!

Hi Lenny, sorry about the delay in replying. The flares were copied from the original gtr flares, only made shorter ( distance from the ground). The flares were made by a local panel maker, the number was given to me by the local hotrod guys, I'm happy to pass the number on if you wish..The only problem is that they cost me $1650.00 and you need a set of fibreglass ones to copy (which i have). If you are interested please let me know...he has also fabricated rear beaver, lower quarters (front and back), lower doors, lower guards, wiper tray, and inner and outer window gutters for me. Thanks for your kind words on my build...will post photos of the R33 aluminum radiator and intercooler install soon

he has also fabricated rear beaver, lower quarters (front and back), lower doors, lower guards, wiper tray, and inner and outer window gutters for me.

will he be able to make any of those parts again? for resale?

Making replacement panel parts aren't to much of a problem...We have templates for some parts, front guards, 2 door lowers and four door lowers, the rear quarter on the coupe are an issue as my replacements parts didn't include the wheel arch, as you can see from the photos there's a fair bit missing because of the flares...as a general rule you cut out the rusted section as good as possible and he will make a replacement with welding rids in place so it doesn't buckle when you weld it in place...by the way his in Melbourne...

Fabricated intercooler piping over the weekend, had to cut a small section off the top of the rails to make room for the r33 radiator, but it all seems to fit ok...

post-16763-141508078367_thumb.jpg

post-16763-14150807837043_thumb.jpg

post-16763-14150807837382_thumb.jpg

post-16763-14150807837625_thumb.jpg

Was just on Japan Yahoo and came across this...

post-16763-14150807837871_thumb.jpg

Edited by KID-K

Making replacement panel parts aren't to much of a problem...We have templates for some parts, front guards, 2 door lowers and four door lowers, the rear quarter on the coupe are an issue as my replacements parts didn't include the wheel arch, as you can see from the photos there's a fair bit missing because of the flares...as a general rule you cut out the rusted section as good as possible and he will make a replacement with welding rids in place so it doesn't buckle when you weld it in place...by the way his in Melbourne...

im in Melbourne too, maybe i will need to pay him a visit? i only really need the front 1/4's and the window cowling,

Where in Melbourne......His leaving at the end of next week to the states for 4 weeks, send me a private message and I will give you my details and Jamies...

:beer:

Hi Lenny, sorry about the delay in replying. The flares were copied from the original gtr flares, only made shorter ( distance from the ground). The flares were made by a local panel maker, the number was given to me by the local hotrod guys, I'm happy to pass the number on if you wish..The only problem is that they cost me $1650.00 and you need a set of fibreglass ones to copy (which i have). If you are interested please let me know...he has also fabricated rear beaver, lower quarters (front and back), lower doors, lower guards, wiper tray, and inner and outer window gutters for me. Thanks for your kind words on my build...will post photos of the R33 aluminum radiator and intercooler install soon

Hey Kid-K! ahh no worries, u probs have a million things 2 do to the car, just don't 4get 2 keep updating us! =) Ah that price sounds about right.. i got my last car hand flared with extendend metal fabrication... just thought u may have done it yaself. Be good if this bloke was in Adel...

Anone know how Torana flares would go?? LOL how much....hmmm:cool:

keep it up fella!:beer:

Just a picture of my Radiator, It's an aluminum R33 radiator with a water jet custom made shroud, and a couple of thermos off ebay....:cool:

post-16763-1415080792357_thumb.jpg

may i ask why in some of the pictures there is green tape along the lines of the car? i can't quite work it out (other than to possibly protect the edges?)..

great job the car looks straight as a tack! how many hours did you spend bogging and sanding?

The green tape on post #13 was to show were the inner guard sits....I just used it to show the internal wheel clearance. thanks

There's not much filler in the car at all, which means we spent a $^!# load of time getting it straight...

Edited by KID-K