IGNORED

VIN ID Plates......Stamping

keiths71240Z

Sounds like it's time to add (reluctantly) another name to the problem vendor list? Are there any Zeddsaver experiences within the last 6 months that have been positive? Even one? This is really unfortunate if there isn't.

I do not think he is a bad person at all. He has lots of passion to Z cars. His main business is Plating shop. And he does not sand blast z parts before plating so it shins like a brand new when its done. No please do not get me wrong, and he does nice work. Yet I have had many many issues with him as well. I have been dealing with him in last 4-5 years now, but everytime when I order something, there is problems such as, damaged items due to terrible packing, or something is short. In last few transaction, he said he had a brand new braided upper hose and an used mint condition lower hose for a 240Z, so I bought them. It turned out that upper hose was for a datsun pickup with different angle, length, and curb, and that used ones was a very unrespectable condition with cracked ends and torn braids. Then he changed his words saying he had never said "it was for 240Z", but "it fits 240Z if you cut it to fit". Also if I send 10 items to him for plating, I normally get 7-8 back for some reason. Sometimes, items he said he had never show up for 2 months. I emailed and attatched packing list sometimes with pictures of item. Still the same results. I think that his plating is absolutely beautiful and outstanding, but considering how much I have to go through every order.......well I had enough........I think he might have other issues........

P.S. I heard that Z thearapy does great plating (We all know that their carbs are super good!)

And stamping # on a plate can be done at many trophy shop with your title or old plate. If one does not want to do it, go to another one. Also ask shops that restore American clasic cars and see.

Esprist

Edited by esprist
Adding info

Bad person or not, bottom line, adding your take to this plus what has already been said, I'd say that 260zCaliCar is right. I've tried to get in touch with Norm a couple of times over the past few months with no luck.

• 1 month later...
I saw Norm at the Datsun show in Vancouver BC last Sept. He sometimes goes to the Canby, OR show, which is next month. If he shows I'll let you know.

No sign of Norm at the Canby show this year, so he is still MIA I guess.

-Mike

Nothing to do with Zeddsaver, but I had an "uncomfotrable" experience with a local upholstery guy. He did a great job on my cars in the past, but now I won't use him.

He appears to have developed a mental problem. I went in for a quote on my Z seats and he literally started "raving" about bad customers and government conspiries.

Told him I'd think about it and never went back. Found out a co-worker had a similar experience. Really too bad...

I got my plating back a few weeks ago.

March 5th: Bolt left Baltimore MD USPS

March 14th (8 business days later, 10 total days): Package arrived in Surrey BC.

May 15th: Package registered with Postal Service.

May 27th: (10 business days later, 13 total days)

So it was about 2.66 months total, including a month of transit.

I did not have a lot of luck getting a hold of him during the 2 months, but I was not aggressively trying. I just failed to obtain a lead time, and was trying to get that for planning purposes.

There were a few minor issues but I was happy. I send all bolts for underside of car (everything below unibody) which was a significant amount. I also send all hardware for 2 seats. It was about 80 pounds total (including heavy rear hubs). So that is a a lot of work.

Remember most people who provide trick parts and services for these cars are really just working out of their homes (with maybe a good connection from their working lives).

Is anyone aware of a stamp set that does match the font or is 'close enough'? I like the idea of doing it myself' date=' I'd just like to get pretty close is all...[/quote']

I have a 1/8 set made by C.H. Hanson Company out of Naperville, Illinois and has a big "MADE IN THE USA" with an American flag on the top of the clear plastic lid of the container. They are very close to the factory stamps and look good once stamped. I bought the set a couple of years ago at a local hardware store.

Well, just to keep perspective, I placed my order with him last August (10 months ago), he finally emailed me in January (6 months ago) to tell me that he was just not going to come through with what I ordered... but would send me a choke cable that I really didn't need. I told him that would be great and thanked him (figuring that something was better than nothing). Sorry to say that something would still be better than nothing, and at this point I know what "nothing" feels like. Regarding the "work out of their home" thing, I've been working out of my home for 18 years, I now own 4 apartment buildings in Los Angeles without mortgages. His phone works fine, and his email works fine. He told me he had the choke cable in his hand, there was no supply problem. His decision not to send it had nothing to do with working from home, it was a poor business decision. I've said it before, I like the guy, I sincerely hope he's ok and the fact that you got your parts back leads me to think that he is. He let me down, he's let others down. Until he reappears and makes things right, which I am totally open to him doing, he will remain on "the other short list".

You should write him, thank him for his efforts on your behalf, then tell him that he needs to make it right with a couple of his customers as he is getting a bad rap. See if he asks you who... And then we all can see what he does with the info. As far as I am concerned he can just send a check to this club on my behalf for the amount I paid him and we can all call it a day. I would consider that a more than acceptable solution.

Don't worry everyone, this is my last post about Zeddsaver, I promise :)