IGNORED

240z Firewall Grommets

lm71z

Terry, I tried Courtesy Nissan and their web site listed it as in stock, but in talking with them directley it was NLA. The guy said that individual dealerships might still have one.

Mike, my 9/70 has two seperate openings, what is your production date?

Yeah, I was surprised when you said that they were still available. I think at least the earliest grommets (24253-E4100) with the openings for both cables have been NLA for a while. Here is a picture of a NOS one on Kat's site http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/workrub.html.

My cars are 10/69 and 11/69 production dates.

-Mike

Motorsports buys the wiring harness grommet from Mike McGinnis at Banzai Motorworks (http://www.zzxdatsun.com/) You can get them cheaper through him. Mike also makes several other reproduction parts which are being sold through Motorsport.

I don't see where the wiring harness grommets are on Mike's site. I am just missing them or are they not listed?

-Mike

I saw last night while digging through my purchases from 2 years ago that David at Courtesy told me the speedo grommet was NLA.

Mike, I found a pic last night (although not a grreat one) that shows that both my speedo and hood release went through the same hole like yours. That's what had me confused: the hood release grommet, which I've also attached a pic of, looked as though it should have it's own hole but I couldn't find the hole in any of my pics. The body is at the paint shop so I couldn't look first-hand. So, my 4/70 production still had just one hole. Guess if it comes down to it, I wouldn't be opposed to adding the 2nd hole even though I'm trying to stay mostly original.

I'm finding neither the speedo nor the hood release grommets in anyone's catalogue. Anyone know of a source?

Terry

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn44/tsekc/?action=view&current=117-1769_IMG.jpg

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn44/tsekc/?action=view&current=100_3630.jpg

I don't see where the wiring harness grommets are on Mike's site. I am just missing them or are they not listed?

-Mike

Mike, I talked with Mike at Banzai a couple years ago and they had them, although they weren't shown on the site. At that time they were $25, but I'm sure they've gone up. I should have bought one then. It would have been a better investment than the stock market.

T

I need grommets also and I looked a few up and heres the part numbers, they're showing as still available and pretty cheap...

18453-E8700 choke grommet

18218-E4102 Boot Accel Rod.

27243-28500 Grommet heater hose (2 req'd)

I still havn't found the part number for that big one for the wiring that Banzai has...

I read this thread with interest. My car is a 1978 260Z (UK model) and has a single rubber grommet to seal where the two heater hoses pass through the bulkhead into the heater assembly. The part number for this is 27197-U0100, but it is unavailable through the sources I have tried. If anyone knows where I can find one of these, NOS (or even two, as I know someone else that is looking), I would be grateful. The fiche scan shows, in blue, where the grommet fits, but it is not actually illustrated on the fiche itself.

post-18775-14150806851617_thumb.jpg

I called Mike at Banzai yesterday to order a bunch of rubber parts and I talked with him about the speedo and hood release grommets. He doesn't know of anyone who has either of those grommets nor the double grommet like in Kats' picture that Mike B refers us to. Mike's advice to me: head to Lowes and see what you can find. He has no immediate plans to reproduce either at this time.

On a similar note, Mike has someone updating his website right now. It should be up and running within a week or two, however prices will also be new with increases. He's honoring most of the existing pricing right now, so anyone needing stuff from him should order soon. If you've never talked with him, he's a great guy and very Z knowledgeable

Terry