IGNORED

240z Firewall Grommets

lm71z

I already have the heater hose grommets for my 240z, but I can't seem to find the other grommets that are located at other places on the firewall. I believe there are 2 more grommets besides the heater hose ones. One is for the choke cables and the other is for electrical wires. Does anyone have the Nissan part numbers for these grommets?

Does anyone have the Nissan part numbers for the carb/choke cable grommet and the wiring grommet? I'm pretty sure MSA has neither of those. I haven't been able to find any of the grommets in the Nissan diagrams except for the heater hose ones.

Which holes and type of grommet.

Actually, I know where the speedo cable goes but it didn't have a grommet on it when I bought the car so was curious what type is supposed to be on it. The hood release cable I'm not sure of the hole. The cable has just a regular grommet on it as opposed to the booted kind.

OK, thanks. I was going to look up the numbers this evening and see if I could get them. I dug through my boxes and found the hood release cable today. I was wrong about it being a regular grommet. At one time it was the type with the boot on it like the accel. cable, engine harness, etc., but the boot had been torn off. Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can come up with a number for the hood release grommet.

Terry, do your hood release cable and speedo cable go through separate holes in the firewall, or the same hole? I'm pretty sure that early cars (1969 and some early 1970 cars) run through the same hole and just have one grommet that covers both cables. I'm not sure what the cut off is. Here is a picture of the grommet and cables in one of my cars (HLS30-00210).

-Mike

post-9102-14150806815178_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150806815727_thumb.jpg