Sign in to follow this  
Laggy6

My new 240k Hardtop

No progress Adzmax, I just sat the jdm lights in there to see how it would look and fitted new reflectors to the rear bar so I sat it on for a look too.

kenmerilights.jpg

Edited by Laggy6

I like the look of flares with wide rims but don't like the fact that the bodywork gets cut up to fit them.

Edited by Laggy6

looking shmick as hell! man i want bumpers as mint as yours! im going to have to pay a fortune to get mine redone :(

Cant wait till mines done. will have to get the adelaide dattos together for a drive

Blue on blue haha, you're a classic man hey!

Absolutely! :laugh:

Sorry, last threadjack.

Loving your work Laggy, this car is turning into a work of art!:cool: A couple of you guys are really giving these cars the treatment they deserve...I still remember the days when every one on the road was rusted out, belching smoke, sporting a towbar and had rooted rear suspension, really belied what a great looking car they are.

Bit of a update - I machined the rough cast finish off the alloy bearing carriers for the diff centre and gave them a little polish.

lathenstuff.jpg

polishedbits.jpg

And i'm slowly putting every nut, bolt, washer, bracket etc. that was zink plated from factory into this tub ready to be redone.

replating.jpg

Edited by Laggy6

Your bucket-o-zinc looks like mine. I've got parts from my 240 and an RX3 Savannah to get done too.

Those door handles look nice, I've been tossing up whether to replace or re-plate. Did you get them from YJ?

Degruch - Those adverts are cool but it's lacking Flares, lowness and watanabe's ;)

Adz - I was the same as you, should i pull them apart and re plate them or get new ones. In the end I chose new ones from YJ because they required less effort haha.

Sandblasting door Hinges-

hinges.jpg

how do you go with yd. Do you use import monster? and what do you type in. i noticed some one posted c110 in japanese or something to get the best results. and do most post to aust?

is it a matter of looking around? a starting bid on one door handle is 250 bucks, yet tripple carbs start at 50.

The LPG filler was there unfortunately. I have a piece cut ready to weld in there so it should be fixed soon.

Yeah make sure you look around, the thing with YJ is that if someone bids in the last 10 mins, the clock resets. This means it hard to get a "bargain" as such. It's not like eBay where you can snipe.

Degruch - Those adverts are cool but it's lacking Flares, lowness and watanabe's ;)

Two outta three ain't bad!

Datsun240KHardtop.jpg

...could still go a little lower though.

Guest Flauski

Agree with all the others, yours kind of makes me regret not going silver like I was going to go.

Very nice. One little thing though is that the GTR steering wheel didnt have the side horn things to my knowledge

Hey Guys i want to know where can i get parts or stuf for 240k or Kenmeri ??!

www.ebay.com.au

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=+KPGC110&auccat=26318&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&slider=0&vm=r

http://www.otomoto.com.au/s/Keyword/240K/SearchType/2/SortItem/1

there are other links on this forum, do some searching, or have a browse

or you could ask in this forum for gear you want / need.

Edited by Noddle

www.ebay.com.au

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=+KPGC110&auccat=26318&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&slider=0&vm=r

http://www.otomoto.com.au/s/Keyword/240K/SearchType/2/SortItem/1

there are other links on this forum, do some searching, or have a browse

or you could ask in this forum for gear you want / need.

Thanx for the links but i have one more question

is there any easy way to buy parts and stuff from yahoo ??

because you should have address in japan to buy from there

The fender mirrors are now on.

jdmmirror.jpg

A mate made this short Video of the lights and rear garnish installed, it's pretty average but I thought i't post it anyway. I'm not sure why it's so jerky.