IGNORED

One and only - 1974 Datsun 260 ZX, factory V-8 and original!

sblake01

that has to be a joke right?

This is too timeless to get lost once the auction goes away:

One and only - 1974 Datsun 260 ZX, factory V-8 and original. Desert garaged for 14 years. Very, Very Fast. 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds at 4,500 feet elevation. Nissan Y44 motor, factory aluminum heads and aluminum 4 barrel intake, factory exhaust headers, factory 3 speed automatic. NO OTHER Z known to have this motor. The value of this car is what is in it. Have DMV certificate. It took me 3 years to get the certification because this Nissan factory motor has never been introduced to the US.

I acquired this car through a friend who garaged the car for 14 years when his in-laws passed away, so any technical details of exactly HOW this particular engine ended up in my Datsun are lost. What I do know is that this is a one-of-a-kind car. There are NO OTHERS like it in the United States, and probably not in the entire world.

The experts have heard of this car and now you can buy it. This is a running, registered vehicle.

Bidding starts at $249,000. Buyer pays all shipping, insurance any other costs.

that has to be a joke right?

Sounds like someone who knows nothing about Z cars and just believes a story he was told by someone he trusts. He thinks he stumbled across the Mona Lisa at a garage sale or something. If it supposedly took him three years to get documentation from Nissan of something, wouldn't you think he would show that in his ad? Apparently this engine was used in the Nissan President, but it definitely looks like a swap job. Nothing installed by the factory.

-Mike

Silly Z community...always knocking down someone who's trying to raise the bar for us...

If he makes the sale we could fix the economy just based on the appreciation in value of our historically significant vehicles...

I'm going to see if I can find a 70-73 240Z with a factory RB26 or LS1...we're rich!!!