Hood hinges and rods - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hood hinges and rods

Featured Replies

For what it's worth, mine were painted. Build date is 4/73.

IMG_3322.jpg

You can trust Kats, Carl Beck, Geezer and HLS30. In no particular order :)

I imagine one of them will respond soon enough.

Kats website is a great resource for seeing what the original car had. I believe his resto's are some of the best out there.

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/

Edited by five&dime

Hood hinges and rods were definitely painted body color and not plated, as Enigma noted. The hood release mechanism and base were cad plated.

-Mike

As Mike B. noted - the hood hinges were painted body color - but the torsen rods were black away from the hinges. {at least on every car I've checked}

If you order NOS hood hinges from Nissan - they came Yellow/Gold Cad. plated. At least the set I have did.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150806263974_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150806264294_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

You're right Carl. I was going by memory, and almost stopped at saying they were painted and leaving out the body color part. I was sure the hinges were body color but not the torsen rods. Now I see why I have no shot at ever making five&dime's most trusted list :).

-Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.