conedodger

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

On 10/19/2019 at 3:17 PM, conedodger said:

D62EAEF4-CDF4-4A47-8793-C18F92E093C5.jpeg

1,2 and 3 different track surfaces, wonder if the drivers could tell.

Seeing that we are doing tribute Z's, there are some stills at the intro of this vid, fast well driven car too, no show pony..

A Datsun Cherry factory car which has been in NZ since the factory delivered it.

8DAA1528-8FB9-43DD-ADCF-0B8AE3BBFC8E.jpeg

2B83976F-0B20-4B2C-919D-780CF9A31E1F.jpeg

Edited by conedodger

Sad news. The BRE 46 got caught up in an accident at the HSR race in Daytona. Fortunately, John Morton walked away.

I haven't seen any photos from the aftermath, but I did hear the car ended up on its roof. Randy said the car is very messed up.

DSC04710.JPG

• Like 1
    • Sad 1

It's more of a rebirth than a replica. Randy worked extensively with the BRE team members and photos to capture every detail possible. He bought all of the existing parts still in existence from Dan Parkinson and installed them in the car (except for the engine and transmission which remain on display).

While the original body was wrecked in the late 70s, John Morton thought enough of Randy's efforts to give Randy the original car's VIN plate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

It's more of a rebirth than a replica. Randy worked extensively with the BRE team members and photos to capture every detail possible. He bought all of the existing parts still in existence from Dan Parkinson and installed them in the car (except for the engine and transmission which remain on display).

While the original body was wrecked in the late 70s, John Morton thought enough of Randy's efforts to give Randy the original car's VIN plate. 

Steve,

I believe I have a roof panel if Randy needs it

C

Repair plans have been formulated with the goal of being back on the track by the Mitty

IMG_3234.jpg

• Like 2
    • Sad 1