IGNORED

Who needs an OEM New Windshield 70-78?

Travel'n Man

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but aren't "OEM" windshields "NLA"? I bought one several years ago and two days before it arrived, I was told it was NLA. Then, of course, it arrived and I stopped freaking. Just before the Dallas convention in 2006, a friend of mine found and bought one for over $1000. My understanding is that a clear glass, S30, Nissan windshield is unobtanium.

Two of the three Aftermarket replacements - ie the $150.00 or less type... had serious distoration problems. Always ask about that - what happens if - the windshield is installed and it has distortation problems. See if the installer will replace it or not - BEFORE you buy...

FWIW,

Carl B.

However people have ordered and received OEM Nissan replacemenmts within the last year.

Did they have the dark tint band at the top? I think Arne looked into getting a OEM Nissan windshield when he had his car painted last year and that was the only type available.

-Mike

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but aren't "OEM" windshields "NLA"?
Did they have the dark tint band at the top? I think Arne looked into getting a OEM Nissan windshield when he had his car painted last year and that was the only type available.
Can't say for certain today, but Mike B is correct, last year Nissan-branded windshields were available, but only with the dark-tint sun shade at the top. I went aftermarket instead, since my car is a bit more of a driver and won't ever make it hast high #3 condition.
Two of the three Aftermarket replacements - ie the $150.00 or less type... had serious distoration problems. Always ask about that - what happens if - the windshield is installed and it has distortation problems. See if the installer will replace it or not - BEFORE you buy...
Most reputable glass shops include that in their warranties. I had a windshield on my Corrado replaced twice due to disortion to get one I was happy with.

FWIW - the one in the Z is made by ASI and has no visible distortion.